I dont really understand mudding though either.. We have sand out here.. and it doesn't require huge trucks to drive thru.. so...

I was just in Phoenix, we went down to the Buttercup dunes in SoCal. Killer fun. My uncle has 2 sand cars, a 5 seats VG30DET single turbo powered car that makes a tad over 600 at the wheels on race gas at 16lbs(runs threw clutches left and right so he had it on 93 at 8lbs) and a little 2 seater VW stroker car, then his buddy has a 4.6 Northstar caddy V8 car with a sequential 4 speed....

Lot of fun. I enjoy both. Completely different experiences though. Sand cars were FAST AS HELL and tight handling, didn't get dirty. Mud trucks are, compared to sand cars, slow and big and difficult to move. You get dirty as hell, but its a ton of fun. I'd trade my 460 F250 somewhat-mudtruck/definite-offroadtruck for a sand car any day...IF I lived where there was dunes everywhere :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Hell it wouldn't take much at all lol. I could SAS swap the front(F350's of the same gen is a straight bolt in swap) then do a 4 inch body lift, 6-8 inch suspension, and be able to clear 40's for 2 grand or so. Then I'd need to regear the axles, well I wouldn't have to...but I'd get a beefier tranny and oil cooler, and a HO alt with a LOT of LED's around the truck :)

But for 6-10k I could invest in my F250, I could have just as much fun as my uncle does in his $50k+ worth of sand cars.

Here's a pic of the Northstar car in front, and my uncles in the back. The northstar car was close to $60k new, considering it already has a badass charging a cooling system, and accomidations for an onboard air compressor and a stereo...but it was bought used for $30k iirc.

IMG_20130706_055813_782_zpsa9baccb2.jpg

goodness very nice, but still only 2k and u would be able to build a fairly cheap mud truck?

2k of equipment adding on to my current investment of it lol. I've got $1500 in it so far(what I bought it for). I could EASILY drop 8-10 grand in it... Lift, wheels, tires, gears, then pulling the motor apart and delving into that. Main thing I want to do with the motor is pull the heads off, port and polish them, swap the injectors out for some beefier ones, get a high volume oil pump, a HO alt, snorkel, 429 timing gear and a stand alone fuel management system. It's already got a full free flowing exhaust on it. I could EASILY get 400hp and 500ft-lbs out of it on 93 pump gas, or better yet E-85 if Duncan had a fueling station.

Haha it is my opinion. I've done lifted, lowered, prerunner, 1/4 mile trucks. And lifting just creates problems and stupidity for me. Lowering and bagging has never givin me a problem. Should have worded it diferantly

Not being a dick or anything lol, but I understand what you're saying. Most of the guys around here that run bag setups have problems left and right with bags tearing/blowing and compressors going out. Lifted shit usually has less problems(on the street atleast) but when you take them into mud, as in a lifted street truck...you'll fuck shit up quick.

It's kinda like 6.0 Powerstrokes...in a way lol. Take care of them, either a bagged or a lifted truck, and it'll last forever. Abuse it and treat it like a $10 crack bitch, and it'll fuck up.

I dont really understand mudding though either.. We have sand out here.. and it doesn't require huge trucks to drive thru.. so...

I was just in Phoenix, we went down to the Buttercup dunes in SoCal. Killer fun. My uncle has 2 sand cars, a 5 seats VG30DET single turbo powered car that makes a tad over 600 at the wheels on race gas at 16lbs(runs threw clutches left and right so he had it on 93 at 8lbs) and a little 2 seater VW stroker car, then his buddy has a 4.6 Northstar caddy V8 car with a sequential 4 speed....

Lot of fun. I enjoy both. Completely different experiences though. Sand cars were FAST AS HELL and tight handling, didn't get dirty. Mud trucks are, compared to sand cars, slow and big and difficult to move. You get dirty as hell, but its a ton of fun. I'd trade my 460 F250 somewhat-mudtruck/definite-offroadtruck for a sand car any day...IF I lived where there was dunes everywhere :)

Ever seen King Sling (Dennis Anderson of Grave Digger), Mud Pro, Dirt Pro, Air Mundy, or Flyin Brian? They're crazy trucks :)

King Sling:

King Sling:

Air Mundy vs Flyin Brian:

And for fun, my Mud Truck :)

FWIW, I agree and dislike the giant lifts, but if you're gonna be running your truck through 8 feet deep water or jumping them like some of those guys do, then that lift comes in very handy... watch how deep this gets :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

While I like mudding, it's not hard at all with mudding. Its either when in doubt pedal out, or get stuck. For me I'd stick with a jeep, Trail rides all day, imo more skill is involved, way more than mudding.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

trail is fun too :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived