Sonic Electronix

what size wire you guys running for your volt meters

primary wire is all you need...

lol, it only draws as much current as it needs to function, as long as the voltage being used to power it is within it's operating range you have nothing to worry about. Big wire would be a waste IMO

I've used 18 gauge wire with no issue.

thanks so the 14 should be fine

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

The same wire diameter as the wire holding the golden gate bridge.

I think the wire would still explode

i just got some 14g tried some 20 and it blew up in my face hoping this 14g wont my only worry is on my volt meter it has 3 14g and 2 20g wires the 2 20g are power and ground for the lights. i just hope those wont blow up on the other end of the 14g

the wire i plan to run should be fine right. 14g shouldnt blow up. going from volt meter to the power/ground on the amp so ik what the amp is seeing

funny shti right here...did you hook it up backwards...maybe your truck/car was in reverse without the brake on?

Use the same size wire that comes on the meter..or even take some scrap speaker wire you use for mids/tweets (16-12ga) and seperate it and use that. I use the blue portion of my sky high wire for my amp turn on...looks great too.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

if a wire pulls to much current then it can handle itll melt and explode not literally explode but anyone thats made that mistake knows what im talking about

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I use 4/0

Why would the size matter dude? And blow up? What?

:rofl:

I don't do many likes but when I do its for post likes this

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Do you know how much current that wire would have to pull to melt?? You have some serious issues if it melts.

My voltmeter stays on 24/7 if it had anywhere near the current draw to melt 20gauge wire I would have a dead battery all the time.

You might know a wire will melt if it can't handle the current draw, but you clearly have no idea how much draw is needed, or how much your meter draws.

Dont sweat the size wire, get some Primary wire form autozone and put it in..or whatever size wire that it came with. Don't sweat the small stuff man.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived