Looking for some new tools

Not a bad looking kit... I would add a bright LED flashlight, small torch, solder, and small set of wrenchs...

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Is it really okay to trust ebay brand tools? If they are of good quality then I'll pick up a set. As for pass through wrenchs I only thought they were good because they made it eaiser to get bolts out and stuff, If they aren't any good then I'll pass on them.

@Rell Good thinking on the hand crimper, I didn't think about the hand aches after word. I'll look into a set of the ratching crimper.

@Torres How big would you say the double drive is? Would it be a good tool to add to a set for car audio tools? Or is more like a general purpose tool in which a normal screwdriver would be sufficent.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

What do you guys suggest for power drills? Or power equipment in general?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

That is a good price for some nice snips to cut through larger guage wire. I think I paid more than double that for my large guage snips.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

That is a good price for some nice snips to cut through larger guage wire. I think I paid more than double that for my large guage snips.

these are my favriote tool for stripping jackets off large wires or cutting through wire like butter :D

these are my favriote tool for stripping jackets off large wires or cutting through wire like butter :D

It is amazing how nicely some good snips really make easy work of that. I remember being younger and dumber and trying all sorts of different ways to cut large guage wire....finally sucked it up and bought nice snips, and it was an eye opening moment! Lol

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Is it really okay to trust ebay brand tools? If they are of good quality then I'll pick up a set. As for pass through wrenchs I only thought they were good because they made it eaiser to get bolts out and stuff, If they aren't any good then I'll pass on them.

@Rell Good thinking on the hand crimper, I didn't think about the hand aches after word. I'll look into a set of the ratching crimper.

@Torres How big would you say the double drive is? Would it be a good tool to add to a set for car audio tools? Or is more like a general purpose tool in which a normal screwdriver would be sufficent.

Double drive is big... A normal ratcheting screwdriver will be easier to get into tight places..

I personally own a ridgid 12v drill and a milwaukee m12 impact driver, I've had the ridgid for about 3 years and I'm on my 4 set of batteries and ridgid won't replace them any more ever though I have a lifetime service agreement.

I love my milwaukee impact driver, I will be replacing the ridgid with a milwaukee m12 drill.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Double drive is big... A normal ratcheting screwdriver will be easier to get into tight places..

I personally own a ridgid 12v drill and a milwaukee m12 impact driver, I've had the ridgid for about 3 years and I'm on my 4 set of batteries and ridgid won't replace them any more ever though I have a lifetime service agreement.

I love my milwaukee impact driver, I will be replacing the ridgid with a milwaukee m12 drill.

my father purchased the 18volt miliwaki impact driver the lipo packs that are really tiny! great unit and light in the hand.

Archived