Sonic Electronix

Beginner build going big, need answers

RF T2 subs aren't bad but there is better out there for less money. I went all RF theme so i stuck with the T2. Plus it's just for daily ground pound so they should be plenty fine for me. Do a LOT of reading here and a LOT of Youtube and Google searching and you should be able to make up your mind about plenty of other brands etc. OR just get the RF T2 subs if you want because heck, they ain't bad subs......there's just better out there.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

You can do so much more than that if 6k is your budget

not when i have to buy new alternator, amp's batteries, 4 subs, and 0 guage wiring and wood for my own enclosure lol...

if i could buy just the subs and amp and wiring that'd be great but i need to buy everything lol.

but what other subs do you guy's suggest if there are better ones? im wanting to buy 4 15's

not when i have to buy new alternator, amp's batteries, 4 subs, and 0 guage wiring and wood for my own enclosure lol...

if i could buy just the subs and amp and wiring that'd be great but i need to buy everything lol.

but what other subs do you guy's suggest if there are better ones? im wanting to buy 4 15's

What kind of RMS wattage are you looking at running? What OHM load do you plan on being at for your amps? What's your budget on just the subs? What type of box? What is your setup for? Competition or daily listening and ground pounding? What Hz you hoping to be tuned to? What type music you listen to mostly?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

What kind of RMS wattage are you looking at running? What OHM load do you plan on being at for your amps? What's your budget on just the subs? What type of box? What is your setup for? Competition or daily listening and ground pounding? What Hz you hoping to be tuned to? What type music you listen to mostly?

well it's gonna be half daily pounding and half competition because the gas is wild on that suburban, and i normally listen to rap and occasionally Johnny cash ;)

im probably gonna be running 2 ohm for my amps, my budget on subs i would prefer not to go over 2 grand, im building a wall in the back with a friend of mine, hes gonna help me.

6k is a nice budget for this...to add to other comments, I would add a high output alternator to your stock one....not replace it. And think about other companies beside RF.....that 6K becomes a lot easier to deal with when your not paying for a name

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

6k is a nice budget for this...to add to other comments, I would add a high output alternator to your stock one....not replace it. And think about other companies beside RF.....that 6K becomes a lot easier to deal with when your not paying for a name

AQ/SQ = automatically half the price lol.

well, what brand sub's would you prefer??? they all seem the same price to me, but im still a noob at car audio, my ass be learning though

if you go over to SSA.com take a look at some of the subs in their store. They sell good stuff like sundown, Incriminator, ascendant, their own brand, etc. and like kranny said, AQ/SQ has good stuff too.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

AQ/SQ = automatically half the price lol.

x2 haha

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

Archived