Second Skin Audio

Sealed v Ported?

Seymore

I'm still looking around for four 15"s, but every 15" I look at ends up being more efficient in a sealed enclosure, but I'm wanting more bass than that.
What can I do? What'll happen if I put a sub made for a sealed enclosure in a ported one?

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

The EPB on most of the 15"s I'm looking at better suits it for a sealed enclosure, I was wondering what would happen if you ported one of those said subs.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

What kind of 15s u looking at? The 15s I look at LOVE ported enclorsures.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

The EPB on most of the 15"s I'm looking at better suits it for a sealed enclosure, I was wondering what would happen if you ported one of those said subs.

Many subs with a low EBP will work nicely with ported such as the Image dynamics iDMAX 12 which has and EBP of 38 is just that is recommended for 2.5 cubic feet net ported, that's the problem, try to fit two of those in a trunk car and most of the times you are going to have a space issue.

Archived