Sonic Electronix

speaker box on backseat in ext cab?

the bigger the sub the more it travels the smaller the better it hits

What. The. Fuck........you've got to be joking with this kind of lame ass input right? OP, do NOT listen to this advice, it's terrible.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Supposedly the larger the cone the slower the response. Thats why people say 18's are sloppy. Its not because it moves more its because it has more cone and air to push.

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Once upon a time that was true not sny longer nor has it been for about ten yrs if not longer

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Also if it was just sitting on your back seat, unless its bolted down nothing really would stop someone from stealing the box.. that's just worst case

theft is not the issue that made me bring this up ...

It can be done, I wouldn't do it personally, as it is very unsafe. BUT! with some heavy ratcheting tie down straps, wrapped all the way around the box and through the folding part and underneath the seat, it should stay in place enough to keep you and your family safe. But it also depends on how heavy the loaded enclosure is also. Don't cheap out on the straps. Heavy duty.

If this truck rear ends a car, those straps will break ... too much weight to hold down, plain and simple

Mines strapped down to the seats. It doesn't move really. Amps and sub and box weigh ~200-250lbs. Empty box is 80-100lbs alone and is a bitch to get in and out cuz it has to be flipped and angled right. I want to bolt it down eventually but well see

If you have your enclosure laying on your seats, your are missing out on alot of potiential bass pressure ...

and you have been lucky not to have an accident ...

Supposedly the larger the cone the slower the response. Thats why people say 18's are sloppy. Its not because it moves more its because it has more cone and air to push.

Hmmm ... NO

No need to explain any further ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Care to explain your disagreement? Im not picking a fight here you seem knowledgeable of this so im curious as to where im wrong exactly? Im not saying that an 18 cant hit as hard as a hit 10 or 12 im just saying that supposedly that's what every body tends to believe based on what I just said.

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

And what we are telling you is everyone who seems to think this is wrong. Technology has improved and its not the 80s and 90s anymore. You cant tell the difference in woofer size based on sound

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I know that im agreeing 100% With yall. That's why I said "supposedly" because thats what it sounded like that guy was talking about. Was supposedly a larger subwoofer is sloppier

1998 gmc sierra

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

We ran Kicker Comps 15s and 18s, Blues Car Audio 15s, Rockford 15s and 18s, And we also ran the famous Cerwin Vega Stroker 15s and 18s back in the day ...

ABSOLUTELTY nothing slopy about them ... Not sure where you came up with that info ... We were doing 150s (on music - Flashdance format) all day long with some of those enclosures sealed ... Back then, There was hardly ever a need for a recone, and to be honnest ... I've never reconed a driver in ANY of my systems ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived