Looking for a processor

BigManAC

I watched a demo video off the pioneer site for the 80prs and that thing seems Hella dope

I agree!! I went through all of the demo videos on their site and the stuff you can set with that HU is insane!

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the pioneer (premier) unit is sick with it.

My drz9255 can give it a run for its money for sure.

RF 360 is a good option

JBL's MS8 works well kind of a set it and forget it.

alpine 701 works well but you'd need the controller or a compatible alpine head unit.

I am running a bit one myself (which I just got my software to work) and man I dont know what I got mysefl into.

Thanks man ill give those a look.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you can get away without using a processor i would ... processors do exactly what they say ... they process the music. Doing so they take away the subtle details and realism of the music ... i have heard many vehicles in this year of competing in SQL and you can hear the difference ... mathematically they are correct but they do not have that realism you get when your not sending the music source through a bunch of different gizmos losing detail along the way.

There are particular songs that you will listen to like Janis Ian where on a particular song she will be playing on the right side of the stage but if you have the right system you will hear the off echo of the music hitting off the wall to the left. With the ultimate demonstration disk by chesky records ... there are alot of songs where you hear echos, bumps, breathe and foot taps that are VERY hard to define in most systems. Tiny tiny details that will be lost most of the time with running a processor.

Now if for in my case for my next build you HAVE to run the stock radio yes you have to get a processor but if you are able to get a good solid headunit that can do everything you need and there are a few out there that can for a good price such as the 80prs or the kenwood double din unit ( forgot the model number ) those headunits already have the time alignment 16+ band eq left right crossover networks built right into them so there is no need to have a processor do the same thing and speakers with crossovers that do the same thing ...

the general rule of thumb to me is the less the signal has to travel the better. a good example of this is to take the move the little rascals when their club house had caught fire. The signal music ie bucket of water was full to the brim at the start but as that bucket of water was passed from kid to kid ie signal passed through headunit processor amp crossovers speakers the bucket of water when it reached the source ie our ears it was practically gone.

/END

• 4 weeks later...

Archived