Sundown Audio

8 small amps vs 2 big amps

baaudio

Be honest... did you just make that up? Beaming children and eating cookies?

How do you figure the power is getting "broken down?" Crumbs aren't falling out of the speaker wire.

So what happens to the power supply side then? Splitting all of the amperage between 4x as many amps? Traveling through who knows what sort of busses and multiple power supplies, 4x as many crossover networks, splitting the input signal, etc?

And WTF are you talking about altitude? I think I know my setup well enough to account for these minute changes.

I'm seriously not trying to be an ass. I was just hoping you'd have more insight than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Be honest... did you just make that up? Beaming children and eating cookies?

How do you figure the power is getting "broken down?" Crumbs aren't falling out of the speaker wire.

So what happens to the power supply side then? Splitting all of the amperage between 4x as many amps? Traveling through who knows what sort of busses and multiple power supplies, 4x as many crossover networks, splitting the input signal, etc?

And WTF are you talking about altitude? I think I know my setup well enough to account for these minute changes.

I'm seriously not trying to be an ass. I was just hoping you'd have more insight than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

there's no such thing as perfect. to get a perfect run you'd need a solid gold not strands going between amp and subs with a direct lead that has absolutely no interference. so where speaker wire is input, there's a lets say, .03% repeating lose because it has to transfer through another material from the source of the energy. then when it goes through the wire that has no cuts or stray strands or flakes, into the subs push terminals. that's another lets say .03% repeating lose again because it's passing through another material. lasting going from sub input to the coil or whatever (not my forte with sub make up or any technical term. i'm a pointer) that's the last transfer so then that's another .03% repeating. if you do direct leads that's only roughly a .06% lose compared to going with push terminals.

altitude = atmospheric pressure, something people like say, craig butler has play when he goes from georiga or alabama (i forget where he lives) to indianapolis. there's an atmospheric pressure change which, if you're looking for technical terms, i don't fucking know i'm not a science god, but the dude lost .1 or .2 dbs with just the drive. nothing changed and that was from himself.

lets see, "So what happens to the power supply side then? Splitting all of the amperage between 4x as many amps? Traveling through who knows what sort of busses and multiple power supplies, 4x as many crossover networks, splitting the input signal, etc?" no idea what any of this means. connect wire to amp, subs, turn on headunit, play music/tone.

and lastly, charlie and the chocolate factory was a great movie about a lowly boy getting the time of his life with his grandfather and having a once in a lifetime experience to tour a world famous factory by the big guy himself. but you obviously didn't see the reference i made in my previous post.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Gold is a relatively shitty conductor. Not sure why you decided on that as "perfect".

And Butler loses with altitude because a 30:1 ratio bandpass is a picky mother fucker. And I know what altitude is. I just meant that I didn't do one test in Denver and the other in New Orleans.

Your repeating losses argument seems to be more relevant to less amps than more. No? But I suppose electricity traveling at or near the speed of light is super bothered by that extra 17.469" of speaker wire.

i used gold because i can spend $948k on 100ft of gold 1/0.

you really do like to argue without reading. this is where skimming gets you children. you ask about altitude, then say "i know what altitude is" so obviously if you're not parking in the same spot every single time, not perfect testing.

repeating losses argument, words, words, words. you just asked me to argue your own argument for you? because that's with the amp breaking down into 4 coils instead of one coil. only way it'd be perfect is if it, again, was all solid meaning one piece. there's going to be a lose at some point through any transfer. whether it be .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% it's still a lose.

please learn to troll. because for having a member back you up, you still didn't get anywhere in my eyes. you proved no evidence you knew what i was talking about, but when i stated something relevant you took it and said you knew it already and still tried to argue what i was saying. so please, next time you come to a gun battle, bring a gun, not your daughters baton.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

Lol. I'm the only one in this gun fight with a gun seeing as how I'm the only one with evidence and you've resorted to semantics. And erroneous ones at that. I didn't ask you what altitude was, genius. I said what the fuck are you talking about because it was some stupid shit to say.

And what part about my testing don't you get? Same car. Same spot. Same shit over and over and over and over...

I can't prove that I know what you're talking about. Because all of your conclusions are false, unfounded and frankly, childish.

I can see that this is all lost on you so I'm going to stop now. But in the future, when you're trying to act like you know what you're talking about, stop talking when someone who actually does enters the conversation.

actually jetta, Tfade does know what hes talking about, he's pretty knowledgeable with shit like this just saying. i see both yah points though, so no need to try to win a troll for kudos points later.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Lol. I'm the only one in this gun fight with a gun seeing as how I'm the only one with evidence and you've resorted to semantics. And erroneous ones at that. I didn't ask you what altitude was, genius. I said what the fuck are you talking about because it was some stupid shit to say.

And what part about my testing don't you get? Same car. Same spot. Same shit over and over and over and over...

I can't prove that I know what you're talking about. Because all of your conclusions are false, unfounded and frankly, childish.

I can see that this is all lost on you so I'm going to stop now. But in the future, when you're trying to act like you know what you're talking about, stop talking when someone who actually does enters the conversation.

you never made one point, nor have you still, that you know what you're talking about. i can grab a thesaurus too and use fancy words. so you have endless spending to prove everything i said is false? lets see it. where is all your facts at that says i'm wrong you're right? you have no proof, no evidence, no backing, just some big words.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

To the OP I think it would look pretty cool to have 8 amps, could make a BADASS amp rack with 8 amps. Just saying!

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Taylor. Ive seen cases where the multiple amps allow you to split your impedence rise across amps instead of all rise being sent to one amp.

Its been a long time since ive done any testing for real on it though. Im a fan of the multiple amps. I just dont care for strapping.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived