Sonic Electronix

That's fine. The sp4's seem like good subs and at 3k rms a peace you will need I say 15rms for all 4. Or 8k for the 2 18's that's a lot of money in electrical upgrades going to have to do a h/o alt batteries multiple runs of 1/0 and a lot more. Electrical might cost more then the subs and amps lol

yea I've thought of that and have plans for upgrade on power that will be close to the last thing I do I need to figure out what I'm going to actually run before figuring out how much power is going to be needed to push everything
To help you decide take a look on the forum at other people's builds and what they had to do with electrical and what not to help you. Then when you have decided make a new thread saying this is what you want and what people would recommend for electrical. Wile doing that make sure you have enough space for the box to be the right size for the woofers

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

What kind of budget are you looking at because the sky is the limit. Also think about sound deadening, mids, highs, 4channels, ect ...

Budget goes with the build really haven't set a budget (this is a shop build) and I have mostly high mid wires batteries damping etc. Covered this post is just to see which subs would be best to use for to be louder and SQ

That's fine. The sp4's seem like good subs and at 3k rms a peace you will need I say 15rms for all 4. Or 8k for the 2 18's that's a lot of money in electrical upgrades going to have to do a h/o alt batteries multiple runs of 1/0 and a lot more. Electrical might cost more then the subs and amps lol

yea I've thought of that and have plans for upgrade on power that will be close to the last thing I do I need to figure out what I'm going to actually run before figuring out how much power is going to be needed to push everything
cover your electrical first, no point in having 4 15's on 150 watts if you can't even bump it.

I do plan on covering electrical but I would like to know what subs and how much power they use to know how to upgrade my power and electrical......

What subs is your choice we can only suggest and you even said you are convinced on the sp4's so there 3k rms I would feed them no less then 3.5k a peace. Now it's your choice again on how many. If you want just 2 then the DC 7.5k will be great if you want 4 then you will need 2 7.5k's or 3 to 4 3k amps

Edit: now mind you the subs can most likely take more then rated if you know what your doing a 10k for the 2 and 20 (maybe) for the 4

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

the FI sp4s get down. sundown makes some great stuff too especially their amps. their amps put out more than rated power and sound good doing so.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

also check out some other companies like Ascendant Audio, Sound Qubed (audioque), and Digital Designs. I don't think you would be disappointed with any of these.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

What subs is your choice we can only suggest and you even said you are convinced on the sp4's so there 3k rms I would feed them no less then 3.5k a peace. Now it's your choice again on how many. If you want just 2 then the DC 7.5k will be great if you want 4 then you will need 2 7.5k's or 3 to 4 3k amps

Edit: now mind you the subs can most likely take more then rated if you know what your doing a 10k for the 2 and 20 (maybe) for the 4

there either sp4 or the sundown zv4s

Ok for the zv4 they are 1750rms so let's round that up to 2k to make it easier. For 4 it's about 10k you will need and the 2 it's 5k and that's over powering them( dont know if they can take it never used them)

141 on music.

Archived