Second Skin Audio

Dual 8" subs or single 12" ??

ok, i have been out of car audio for a couple of years but now have a new project, my 1992 Acura Legend. I have done the whole big a-pillars, multiple speaker, huge door pod -type build and on the Legend i am going for a Stealth type or at least a classier look with everything. the one thing for sure i know i want hidden is the Sub-system. I have been very happy in the past with a 200-300 watt single budget 12" sub in either a single or ported box. I always keep my builds budget minded and have really had good hard thumping bass from budget brands such as Hifonics and some cheaper lines of Powerbass subs. What i am needing help with this time is info from you guys on which configuration fo go with, i have been happy with these single 12's but i am thinking of trying a dual 8" sub system this time around the same wattage, what are the pro's and con's ?? will i still get similar bass with two 8's that i did with budget 12's in theis wattage range ? I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly classic rock and hip-hop/rap. Any suggestions will be appreciated, need to stay in the $50 and less range for the subs each.

The sub or subs will be positioned in the trunk if i end up going with a 12 or maybe behind the center fold down arm rest against the back seat ??

2013-07-11%252018.29.35.jpg

rwhops.jpg

I would do 2 soundqubed sdc 2.0 8's they are $59.00 new (then have to add shipping). The bass should be a bit more (more cone area) and they can take 300wrms you can also get a 750wrms amp from there b stock cheap also. So

With all that it should only cost about 3-400 for new good stuff

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

2 8" subs .... better cone control on an 8 over a 12 so will sound better musically

maybe in theory, real world set up properly you shouldnt be able to tell a difference

Archived