Amart88 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 I was randomly reading a thread on different wood glues and some guy named "whirlwind" was going on about how Titebond 3 and PVA's in general will erode away to nothing in within 5-10 years and fail...?? That's the only time I have ever read such a thing. I've always been told how good the Titebond glues are. Maybe he was referring to it being used in a marine environment. Here's the article: http://instantboats.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=675 Thoughts, experience? My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Kyblack76 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 Ive never heard of it. I was under the impression that a lot, if not MOST the builders rely on TB here? and there are guys that have been doing it longer than ive been alive?!?! In for a bit of talk as well?!?! SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
fox_racin4 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 I use PL glue, messy to work with but holds well/fills them little gaps On baffels when im sticking 2/3/4 togeather inwill use regular wood glue as its thinner 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Kyblack76 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 Exactly what I do/use fox. I use the pl stuff where I have some gaps, or where I need it to "stay" and not run errrry where. But I do use TB II for ish like panel multiplying and such. And, I also "smear" it. Lol. Cuz in my head it helps. Lol. ?!??? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Rockford96 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 But I do use TB II for ish like panel multiplying and such. And, I also "smear" it. Lol. Cuz in my head it helps. Lol. ?!??? everything ive been told and from experience "smearing" it does make it bond better ive always done it lol My setup, Digital Designs M80 3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz Kenwood x-696 SHCA 0 gauge Polk audio coax running off hu
bkolfo4 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 Once you start building your own subwoofer boxes, the chance of having the same box for 10 yrs is close to 0%, so don't worry about it. But if it makes you feel any better, I have a box in my shop that I built back in 1996. Temps in my shop range from 120+ down to mid-teens. Box is still together. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Kyblack76 Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 ^^^ cool and the gang... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Amart88 Posted July 29, 2013 Author Report Posted July 29, 2013 Yeah. I never said he was correct. Just first I heard of something like that. Them boat builders are a particular breed. The reason I like TB is that it's sheer strength was around 2700lbs where Polyurethane was only around 1700. I use both but found this chart interesting. Never know how long my enclosure will be in there . But I would like it to remain intact for however long I may be there. Probably a good bit of time. Only way I'm taking that out is when the truck is gone. lol Goes from 105 in the summer to -35 in the winter here. http://www.oldbrownglue.com/pdf/HowStrongisYourGlue_FWW.pdf My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
DylanBunch Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 id be surprised if you can keep 1 setup in the same box for 5-10 lol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Brandonbkd Posted July 29, 2013 Report Posted July 29, 2013 http://www.oldbrownglue.com/pdf/HowStrongisYourGlue_FWW.pdf Sweet link! I've always used liquid nails in the caulking tube but will be switching now lol FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.