Pro7 Posted August 7, 2013 Report Posted August 7, 2013 Excursion isn't everything tho because the more the cone moves the more the vc is out of the strongest portion of the motor. Not sure how that effects your theoretical thinking but just letting you know I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before
bbeljefe Posted August 8, 2013 Report Posted August 8, 2013 "I like excursion" So does my wife... Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
SnowDrifter Posted August 8, 2013 Report Posted August 8, 2013 This is assuming that you can make use of the extra xmax.Xmax is only the coil's limitation before it leaves the gap. Unless you are in an application where you are pushing the sub as hard as it will go and can make use of the extra xmax you won't see a difference. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Smoove Posted August 8, 2013 Author Report Posted August 8, 2013 This is assuming that you can make use of the extra xmax. Xmax is only the coil's limitation before it leaves the gap. Unless you are in an application where you are pushing the sub as hard as it will go and can make use of the extra xmax you won't see a difference. I am hoping over 600w will do the job. current sub is only on 200w. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
big dee Posted August 8, 2013 Report Posted August 8, 2013 "I like excursion" So does my wife... so does mine lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.