Second Skin Audio

Which Is Louder?

Well DD 1500 10"s are like $100 each... Not expensive at all. They pack some power for cheap inexpensive subs.

Instead of using 2 mid level 12's, get 1 higher end 12 from DC, DD, Fi, etc.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

i do agree i like the xmax on the vmax's as well, i believe 17 or 18mm. my original plan for myself was two 15" vmaxes in my probe but the car is running like shit now. so im going to take out all of my frustrations on my brothers new suv lol.

and bleek i dont like 10", IMO they look to small. and its going in an suv, i want 12" at least. rofl im deciding what i want in my brothers trunk.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Instead of using 2 mid level 12's, get 1 higher end 12 from DC, DD, Fi, etc.

i put an fi lol. i havnt really heard all that much of dd's. there are not alot of impressing video's for them. Fi's kick ass i know, but im not sure what to have him get.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

and they got some package deals on here to, heres a memphis system(2 pr 12's and pr amp), http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=5180

$330 shipped aint bad for all and it wound sound great and they got good low end to :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i havnt really heard all that much of dd's. there are not alot of impressing video's for them.

you would or wouldnt buy a sub based on what you see or hear in a video??? :blink:

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

they look little lol. ill keep em in mind though, he has his heart set on rockford amps though. he thought his little 300watt rockford amp was kick ass rofl! dumbass didnt have me get him an amp, he went to best buy and wasted $120.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

you would or wouldnt buy a sub based on what you see or hear in a video??? :blink:

i would, but none that i have seen have been that impressive. meades fi's are fckin amazing. they made an eyeball pop out the womans head rofl! i know what meades system consists of but imo fi are better then dc. dd's are good i agree, but for really good ones they are expensive. fi's are priced good, that is why i like them. if my brother had the money i would through a few btl's in there but money doesnt grow on trees around here.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Where you live? Near Michigan at all? I can get the kicker cvr 12's for $60 a sub. They only take 300rms when you put them in a ported box so you wouldn't need a huge amp. Here's a decent amp that would match the kickers well...LINK...The amp I linked is a rockford p550.2 mine birthed at 591 and another guy on jaguarforums bought one his did over 600 rms. For $169 bucks you can't ask for too much more and that is free shipping. I have one but haven't even used it I had it left and couldn't get rid of it so I threw it in my car but than sold my subs but I did hook up a single cvr 15 to it for a sec and the amp is nice. They've got a rockford p600.1bd but it's only stable to 2 ohms so you'd have to get dual 2 ohm subs to use it, but it's only $189 for the amp. In a vehicle like that blazer those kickers will sound nice I've had a few sets of them in my escape and they shake things up pretty nicely.

yeah i have heard the kickers, a kid i know has two of them in a prefabed (ewww) box and a kicker amp. the prefabed sounds like it is tuned high because it is always loud and has no low end. thats what my brother liked about my four 12", it shook everything so bad and sounded good doing it. high tuning is loud but sounds like shit IMO.

i think the alpines or vmax would be more musical. but also the ssd would be big, loud and musical. i dont know if i should tell him to go with numbers or cone area. thanks for the help!

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

man dont buy your subs according to vids, go out listen to stuff for yourself, this stufs not cheap and everyones Fi/DD/re/TC ddoes not sound the same. Even if its the same model as on the video it could sound better or worse.

Archived