He could save himself a ton of time if he just snapped pics of the results and posted them. Especially since the YT vids aren't getting a lot of views.

I test amps all the time and it's a bit of an ordeal. I stopped doing vids and just post screen shots and results now.

With just pics and text, it's maybe an hour's worth of time. To shoot, edit and upload vids... it's a much larger time investment. Honestly... I just want the results anyway. I'm an amp whore and I don't like watchin his vids. Just post the results.

He really needs to start a thread like mine with all of his dynos. I have a huge thread of clamps on another forum. I hear about how helpful it is all the time to have them all in one place in text format. It would be a pain to navigate all the vids to find an amp you're looking for. Maybe one of you guys can go through all of his vids and compile them into a thread? List all the amps and results in a big ass list. Update it everytime he tests an amp.

[Edit: and why is everybody so concerned with testing old school amps? i don't get it. Are you guys really that interested to see what an Orion 225 does? It's just not very relevant anymore. Not enough for him to waste time on anyway.]

Edited by TaylorFade

• 2 weeks later...
[Edit: and why is everybody so concerned with testing old school amps? i don't get it. Are you guys really that interested to see what an Orion 225 does? It's just not very relevant anymore. Not enough for him to waste time on anyway.]

The reason some people want to see old school amp tests is because the myths and legends over the years have promised some amps produce "WAY" more than they are rated to. For me it's just because I want to know, so I'm going to test and show the results. I guess to answer your question, it's a personal preference. Some people want to see what a Stetsom 12kW amp will do, other's want to see what an Orion 225 HCCA "50 watt" amp will do...

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

• 5 weeks later...

Pure audio, skar, sundown and whatever other 2k watt reasonably priced amps that are popular

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

Get hands on an 'Ol Orion 225 HCCA & rock that down to .25-ohm.

Let us see what we were working with 20'ish years ago ...

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png