3000 Watts for $300 - To Good to be true? BB5000D AD-1 Results

Purp is pretty much right, not shabby for 300.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Yep you can nit pick it apart or say well shit it's not all that bad. For 300

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I'd take this over AP gear lol

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

The issue I see here is still what the manufacture is claiming that the amp will do. They say this is a 3000w amp and selling for $300, but it really does 1500-1800.

OP tell me this, since you are a dealer selling these amps, when a customer comes in and asks about that amplifier, are you going to tell them that it actually wont do the 3000w that it claims to do and only does HALF of that? Or are you going to still sell it to them as a 3000w amp for $300?

I will happily tell a customer that it will do 3000 watts on perfect voltage. On a more realistic level though, I would also say that you can see 1500 on a regular charging system. It takes power to make power. It's that simple

Build In Progress!

2000 V6 Mustang

H/U - JVC KW-ADV64BT

8 - P3D212's / 14cu. ft. / 34hz

Front - T1675x2, PPS4-8x4, T1TSx4

Rear - T1675x2, T165x2

Sub Amps - T2500-1bdCPx2

Mids/Highs Amps - T600-4x2

3SIXTY.3 Signal Processor

51Ft. RF 1/0 Spool x 2

Excessive Amperage 300amp Alternator

VMAX CT2500 x 2

Optima Yellowtop

So you are telling me that since it did 1710w @ 12.10v certified, that if you get it up to 14.4v that it is going to DOUBLE its power output?!?! Do the test with proper electrical and I will believe it when I see it. I would say it might make an extra 300- maybe 500w. Still leaving you well short of the advertised 3000w. You have the tool to test amps properly and can find out what these amps are truly capable of. It just told you that the amp tested will only do 1700w certified at 1 ohm, but you will "happily tell a customer that it will do 3000 watts on perfect voltage". Test it on "perfect" voltage and if it does rated power then you have the proof to back it up. If not, dont lie to your customers.

So you are telling me that since it did 1710w @ 12.10v certified, that if you get it up to 14.4v that it is going to DOUBLE its power output?!?! Do the test with proper electrical and I will believe it when I see it. I would say it might make an extra 300- maybe 500w. Still leaving you well short of the advertised 3000w. You have the tool to test amps properly and can find out what these amps are truly capable of. It just told you that the amp tested will only do 1700w certified at 1 ohm, but you will "happily tell a customer that it will do 3000 watts on perfect voltage". Test it on "perfect" voltage and if it does rated power then you have the proof to back it up. If not, dont lie to your customers.

Cody is in the lead today for my "Favorite post of the day".

I agree that it should be tested since you have the perfect tool to test WITH. I hate scheisty sales tactics....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived