Sundown Audio

4 channel only needs 1 run of rcas?

DylanBunch

I have a kicker 350.4 and I have 2 rcas run to the back but when I unplug the one going into the highs input on the back of my 80prs it doesn't cut off the highs, but if I unplug the mids rca it cuts off everything. I have my 4 mids on channels 3 and 4 and my super tweets on channel 1 and 2. Anyone have an explanation? Because of this I cant run my supertweets without those bulky ass crescendo crossovers because the high high pass filter on the headunit doesn't do anything because or some reason the amp and/or headunit things my super tweets are mids

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

There is a push button switch to the left of the RCA inputs on the amp. If it's depressed (in) the amp uses both sets of inputs and if it's not depressed (out) the amplifier uses all four inputs.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

yeah im running it active, I have all my crossover set up and everything sounds good but if I mute the high hpf it doesn't mute the super tweets and if I mute the mid hpf it mute everything.... don't understand. Maybe theres a switch on the amp that's 2 or 4 channel, im about to go play around with it

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

also dont be hotswapping your rca cords when the stereo is on.. this is a quick way to ground out the center rca pin, and blow the output of your deck and introduce that annoying engine whine into your system (even if your headunit is not a pioneer, or dont have the picco fuse).

also dont be hotswapping your rca cords when the stereo is on.. this is a quick way to ground out the center rca pin, and blow the output of your deck and introduce that annoying engine whine into your system (even if your headunit is not a pioneer, or dont have the picco fuse).

Its funny you say that cause I read something about the the other day and then tonight... or this morning I should say, I did it not thinking and when I went back to my headunit it was on but blank and I immediately remembered and freaked so I restarted my car and now it seems fine..... nice scare of the day lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived