Sundown Audio

Shipped wrong amp will it still be good?

Moley

Hope the amp doesn't crap out on you, heard nothing but bad things about buying from that site;

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/onlinecarstereo

each and every review is absolutely horrible. Some people got repackaged broken gear, etc. Hope that for your sake it was brand new!!

As for canadian duties and taxes, it isn't bad when you ship via USPS, a lot of the time it passes through customs without even getting checked so you don't pay fees. It's when it is shipped UPS or FedEx you have to be careful, because they will try (keyword TRY) to charge you ridiculous duty fees for clearing your package. However, you can get the paperwork from them and clear your package YOURSELF and all you have to do is go to the CBSA office closest to you and pay the taxes on it for the province you are in (ex: here in Qc it is 15% tax...sucks I know) then you go pick up the package from the UPS hub. You save tons of money this way. Example, I am currently importing a W10GTI, bought it off eBay for $350 plus shipping. Tax on this should be about $50. When I asked UPS for fun how much I would owe them, the guy either said $117.00 or $170.00 and said 'you can pay by credit or debit over the phone' Im like 'haha no way man I am clearing it myself'. lol. stupid UPS. they are crooks. Let me know if you need more info on this, I have done this multiple times!

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

Thanks for the info on duty charges. I hope it doesn't crap out either cause there is no warranty on the BE when you buy online. That's one other thing that chokes me up about the whole thing is that they are selling it even though Maxxonics wants it to be for retail stores only. Horrible site. Fingers crossed though.

In your sig says you have the BE1700.1D. How do you like it?

I really like it. I beat the crap out of it on my 2 soundqubed 12s. But I got it for $199! I think it was an error at frys. A few days after I bought it, they went "on sale" for $299 and only 1 per household. And now they have been sold out of them for a long time. I would like to know if it will do anywhere close to rated, but my 2 12s shake the crap out of my poor civic! I did a MECA 141.9 with this setup and that was before the alternator and second battery!

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Oh wow nice deal! Glad to hear you like it. I hope I feel the same way. Gotta wait till wifey comes home with the car so I can throw it in ha ha.

Hey I have a question since you mention battery and alt. I run a stock 110 amp alt but have a huge AGM battery under the hood. I have a 150 amp fuse from a previous setup (Alpine M-1000) that I just kept in there so if the BRZ 2100.1D is capable of pulling 200 amps why has the fuse not blown? I know it's mostly running on the alternator but for sure the battery itself can produce that kind of current for a little bit. Thoughts anyone?

Slow blow fuses, they dont blow the moment current goes over the defined amount they take longer, and since music is dynamic it takes power in bursts. At least that is what I have gathered from reading and trying to learn on my own.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Never new there was such a thing. Just did a quick search and some slow blow fuses can take up to ten seconds at twice their rating to blow. Hmmmm interesting and thanks! Also didn't mean to change the subject but had to ask. I'll let you guys now how she goes later when I hook it up.

Bigger fuses are cheap man. throw in a bigger one.

i got 2 for 6$
300A

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

No actually not in this case I dont. Youre comparing a budget line amp to a 65000 dollar car. We aren't exactly talking apples to apples here. Do you have other amps that used to match and now dont? Thats the only way id be pissed about it

From a philosophical and thus a principled standpoint, the price of any of the items either in reality or in his metaphor, are irrelevant. Principle deals with objective truth, not subjective value. He was told he would be receiving item X, which he asked for and voluntarily paid for. What he received was item Y. Forget about prices, power outputs, flashing lights, et al.

Had the seller informed him ahead of time that they didn't have item X and that they wanted to send him item Y and, that item Y was not eligible for manufacturer warranty protection... he could have made the decision to complete the deal or back out of it. As it stands, he was not given that opportunity and that's the only thing that matters here.

Even if item Y had been a $50,000.00 car instead of a $300.00 amp, the fact still remains that he was not informed of the change and thus, was not afforded the chance to decline the change. Of course, he'd probably keep item Y in that case but even so, that doesn't make the seller's actions true to their word from the perspective of principle.

Lastly, he still has the issue of warranty to deal with. Maxxsonics states clearly on their Hifonics website that elite line products are not eligible for warranty when purchased through internet dealers... even certified Hifonics internet dealers.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Yeah the whole warranty issue would be enough to lead me elsewhere. I really do hope for OP's sake that they upgraded the amps and fixed whatever problem was happening. I thought it weird how I had both of them hooked up properly, and only one of them went. Twice.

Edit: And holy crap, checked out the reviews on that site. Shady AF

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

OCS is a joke.. I ordered a set of the RF T1652's that were $109 on clearance,get UPS label email with no updates so I called them..got the run around bout them being out of stock so I canceled the order because I knew it was a scam. Look on the site later that day and the speakers had jumped up to like $180. So basically they had them when I ordered but they were in the middle of a price change and they didn't want to honor that clearance price.. Don't ever buy from this shit company,they're scamming people left and right. Spend a few extra $'s and get what you order on time like from Sonic,Amazon,Ebay,etc.

Archived