99 Accent full Soundqubed build Sub stage done.

Not much done today, got like 20 mins of sleep so ya Im not too motivated. But I did run the main power wire. I ran it through the fender and into the car through an existing grommet. The Idea came to me when I was looking at where the factory wiring goes and check on the pass side and found the hole. I feel good about this because it will be safe from the elements and the pounds of road salt.

I drilled a hole and put in some pvc to cover the sharp edges.

SAM_1156.jpg

Coming through the pass side fender and safely into the car.

SAM_1159.jpg

And just because.

SAM_1161.jpg

Well as much as I dont want to do it but the door panels are going to be re-done. I fucked up on the placement of the pods and put them to low, so they rub pretty hard on the door jams. I cant see any other way of fixing them but a total rebuild. Sucks I spent about 10 hrs on one but oh well, they should be better this time.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Got my alt in today. Mike sent along some goodies as well.

SAM_1271.jpg

SAM_1273.jpg

Got all the wire ready for it. Gonna get new belts tomorrow and get this beast in. Last peace of the puzzle hopefully I can get some work done on my day off.

Got the alt in and all the wiring done. Next is finishing the box then its round two on the doors.

Getting this beast in was a bit of work, had to remove the oil filter to remove and install the alt. I needed to change the oil anyways.

The taped up wire was there when I got the car and its for the temp gauge, which doesn't work anyways.

SAM_1299.jpg

Another shot of the alt with the fuse for the rear run.

SAM_1300.jpg

The amp placement. Nothing is connected to power all wires ran and ready. I wanted to keep it all in the trunk but when you drive a shoe box thats just wishful thinking.

SAM_1303.jpg

Another angle.

SAM_1304.jpg

Gives you and idea what the finished product will look like.

SAM_1306.jpg

Thats all I got for now. Been slacking but I don't want to rush it and get sloppy. Should have the sub stage playing by next monday but who knows what can happen by then.

Got the box built now I got to seal it off and make it look pretty. For the port I wanted something different then just plain paint. I had my kids draw me some pics on the port walls.

My daughters pic

SAM_1307.jpg

My sons pic and daughters on the left.

SAM_1308.jpg

Shows how much room the box takes up. My son told me to take a pic of him so it looks like he built it.

SAM_1312.jpg

Putting it together.

SAM_1315.jpg

Port in.

SAM_1323.jpg

Front baffle on.

SAM_1325.jpg

View into the port.

SAM_1329.jpg

For those spots where you cant fit a drill this little guy came in handy. More torque the a screw driver and a lot easier.

SAM_1328.jpg

Shows how dusty MDF is. I only used a flush trim on the second baffle and only cut a max of 1/4 inch.

SAM_1322.jpg

Thats all for today. Gonna seal it off and make some beauty panels tomorrow may also start the round 2 on the door panels.

I love when people make car audio a family thing. Who doesn't love music ??? It's for all ages right ?? Look-in good man. Get more points with me letting your children be in on the build. My girl was in on my stuff as a child but doesn't care for it like I still do. It was fun while it lasted. I've got a picture of her standing in a box for 4 12's and I still smile when I look at it. I'm tuned end on this build . Good stuff sir. I like your gear your using also.

Lookin good man. Loving the daughter aspect of the build too (: keep the pics cominggg

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Thanks guys. I wanted to do something different with the port and include my kids in the build a bit.

Not much done but I did throw a coat of paint on the back of the box. Got the rest of the needed materials to finish this today so I hope to get it close if not finish it over the weekend.

A little fleck stone.

SAM_1333.jpg

Archived