Second Skin Audio

Unloading

DubNDodge

What is it exactly? Is bottoming out the same thing?

I have heard it being referred to when the port is in the wrong spot, when subs are in a 4th order, or subs are just played to damn low.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I don't know what the technical terms are but its not the same as bottoming out I think its the air pressure from the bass waves unloading from the cone when it happens at different times it could create cancellation? They fight each others movement instead of moving bass waves out of the enclosure

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

when you build a box you're attempting to control the amount of pressure that will be built up when the sub moves. this pressure is a part of the sub's suspension. if there is too little pressure then the sub will move out of control. it would be like taking the shocks out of your car. the wheels will move up and down very easily and even bottom out much easier. so any reason for a drop in pressure, port in a bad place, playing below tuning, too much airspace, etc. will cause "unloading"

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

And you can unload without bottoming out.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived