g2shuck Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 I just built my box and installed an sdc2.5 12 in the truck on 600rms and tuned to 35hz. Would it cuse a problem if I built some kick panels and added some 6.5 subs to the front for that in your chest bass? I am worried about cancelization. I would be using one hybrid audio i6sw on each side. 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
jarrius Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 I think it would cause problems since they will be subs also from what you are saying. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Skullz Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 You'll get cancellation which isn't such a good thing. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Skullz Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 If you want to use them for midbass and go with an active set up, that would be perfectly fine to do but you don't want to mix subs with different locations. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
g2shuck Posted August 20, 2013 Author Report Posted August 20, 2013 If you want to use them for midbass and go with an active set up, that would be perfectly fine to do but you don't want to mix subs with different locations. Is there a write up on here on how to do an active setup? This is the first time I have actually tried to build an sq setup. Now that I am a little older I relized I need more than just loud bass in a prefab box lol. 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
RooTxBeeR Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 Active is just have the small subs being wired to the amp, and using its cross overs set it right above where the sub cuts off On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
g2shuck Posted August 20, 2013 Author Report Posted August 20, 2013 Ok so my sub runs 25hz-80hz. Run the 6.5 midbass subs in the kick panels at 85hz-180hz Run the 6.5 mids in the doors at 200hz-3500hz Run the tweeters in the A Pillars at 3500hz and up Would this be right? 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
MrShiffles Posted August 21, 2013 Report Posted August 21, 2013 Ok so my sub runs 25hz-80hz. Run the 6.5 midbass subs in the kick panels at 85hz-180hz Run the 6.5 mids in the doors at 200hz-3500hz Run the tweeters in the A Pillars at 3500hz and up Would this be right? It should work...you probably have to play around with cut-offs abit...especially since you have your tweets up at ear level and your mids in the doors..those would probably require the most tweaking to get them to sound proper...how much power are you planning on feeding the mid-bass, mids and tweets?
ChevyBoy95 Posted August 21, 2013 Report Posted August 21, 2013 I just built my box and installed an sdc2.5 12 in the truck on 600rms and tuned to 35hz. Would it cuse a problem if I built some kick panels and added some 6.5 subs to the front for that in your chest bass? I am worried about cancelization. I would be using one hybrid audio i6sw on each side. just because the "subs" are in front of you doesnt mean it will have "in your chest bass." lol. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
g2shuck Posted August 21, 2013 Author Report Posted August 21, 2013 Ok so my sub runs 25hz-80hz. Run the 6.5 midbass subs in the kick panels at 85hz-180hz Run the 6.5 mids in the doors at 200hz-3500hz Run the tweeters in the A Pillars at 3500hz and up Would this be right? It should work...you probably have to play around with cut-offs abit...especially since you have your tweets up at ear level and your mids in the doors..those would probably require the most tweaking to get them to sound proper...how much power are you planning on feeding the mid-bass, mids and tweets? Here is what I am thinking. JVC KW-AV61 head unit. MB Quart RA480.4 to run fronts and rears set at 200hz and up. JBL P660C for front doors. JBL P963 for rear deck. PPI P600.2 Bridged at 600 watts at 4 ohms set at 60hz to 180hz for midbass sub Sundown SA-8 V2 D2 in 0.5 cubes tuned to 60hz for midbass (recommended by Jacob Fuller) 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.