Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Center console box for 95 Silverado Ext. cab


GM959808

Recommended Posts

Posted

That 10.t or 11 is external. Between the seats isnt veru wide. Ive got my amps there

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Yeah, I really don't want them seen, plus I want to use the top of my console and I don't want them to get punctured.

I think the 11" outside at the bottom will be just enough to fit the 10s in. Plan to put my amps under the back seat.

Posted

If you use 3/4 youre minus 1.5 inches. That leaves you about 9 internal.sa8s are pretty nice. I wouldnt be upset if I had to run them

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Youll only have 10.5 to.11 inches between seats if they are buckets

x2

I have 10.5 and that still sits partially on the seat belt mounts. i have buckets fyi.

i would personally try 8's, they would work better fit wise and volume wise.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

I'm gonna be stubborn and run 10s I believe. I think I can go to 12" at the bottom of the enclosure. Is 2.25 ft^3 not about right for SA-10s?? Also, will the subs down, port back configuration be ok?

Thanks for all the help so far.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Any other advice on this. Subs down (about 3 inches off truck floor) and port back configuration work ok?

I've been thinking about the idea of making the box wider in front of the seats and just using a single 12". Not looking for SPL, although I want it to hit hard, but I'm more looking to get a full range of sound and be sure to hit the lows that I want to hit.

Posted

You wouldn't believe in a million years where I'm thinking about installing my subwoofers in my GMT400 ... If I actually make the change ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I seen a (damn I wished I would have thought of it first) GMT400 company demo vehicle the other day (truck was retired with no audio, but enclosures still there ) with 10" midbass drivers installed in the floor ... And for the second I seen it, my mind has been racing to try and build 2 separate enclosures to fit 4 10s isoberic in those locations ported and tuned ... This would be strictly for Sound Quality ... And to completely blow people's minds ... This if I decide to try it, will take A LOT of planning and calculating ...

If it can be done ....

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I know ... Sounds impossible huh ...

Well, given the way my enclosure is built now, and the way it works with the truck ...

After you study it for a while ... The more it seems possible ...

This is going to end up killing me until I actually get the balls to break out the measuring tape and hack saw ...

I'm telling ya, I've never seen anything like it, and could not hold a conversation with anybody cause this shit is now in my mind ... With all of this other unfinished projects I have going on with this truck ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 690 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...