sean 371 Posted February 27, 2008 Report Posted February 27, 2008 True but youre also running quite a bit of power lol...For someone like me who only has need for the stock battery and one extra, the frames sufficient...altho we all know we love overkill Quote A couple links to some box builds: Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI, Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150 My own car builds (current setup --- under construction): Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors Subwoofer Wall
99vic Posted February 27, 2008 Author Report Posted February 27, 2008 I use to do it too and now that I do direct runs, I see how much faster my back batteries recover after I push them hard well i have the wire . i guess ill do that also. Quote REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS????? It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying.... It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up... /Rant I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!dont buy from knowledge he will scam you. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/
kingsuv Posted February 27, 2008 Report Posted February 27, 2008 True but youre also running quite a bit of power lol...For someone like me who only has need for the stock battery and one extra, the frames sufficient...altho we all know we love overkill He's got the wire so it's a no brainer. After seeing the difference from the excursion to the wife's 250 is a difference from night and day. I would suggest it for any system after seeing the difference, even a small system. I know it's hella money but way worth it in the end Quote Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
reinke Posted February 27, 2008 Report Posted February 27, 2008 He's got the wire so it's a no brainer.After seeing the difference from the excursion to the wife's 250 is a difference from night and day. I would suggest it for any system after seeing the difference, even a small system. I know it's hella money but way worth it in the end i might have missed something. do you mean run a pos and a neg from the front batt to the rears? if so why is that better than grounding the rears to the frame? Quote ----reference's---- meade916
kingsuv Posted February 27, 2008 Report Posted February 27, 2008 i might have missed something. do you mean run a pos and a neg from the front batt to the rears? if so why is that better than grounding the rears to the frame? if you spend some time under the car, you will see how shitty the grounding system really is. The motor and sometimes body (Depending on the car) will have rubber bushings between them and the frame (If it has one). Off the battery to the body will be a sorry idea of a cable to ground the body. You'll see that same shitty idea of a ground from the motor to the body as well. Car with frames will have another from the frame to the body. All these grounds are 4G at best If you want to save on the wire then if the car has a frame, then reground the battery to the frame, then you will have a better ground for when you ground the back battery / amps to the frame. Small wire will cause heat. Heat = loss of power. When I did the excursion with just power, I would have 14.4 at the front battery and 13.6 at the rear. After I ran the system hard at comps, it would be at 12.8 for most of the day. In the wife's truck, same batteries, amps and draw same alt.. I have 14.4 at the front and 14.0 at the rear. My last weak point is my bus bars at the rear batteries. Even with the weak point, I can charge the back batteries back to 14.0 in a matter of mins. Quote Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
ALPINE408 Posted February 27, 2008 Report Posted February 27, 2008 i would run a pos and a neg from front batt to the back then also another ground to the frame i would also run 2 pos front to back Quote Have you ever had your woofers blown?
99vic Posted February 28, 2008 Author Report Posted February 28, 2008 i would run a pos and a neg from front batt to the back then also another ground to the framei would also run 2 pos front to back 2 how the hell am i suppose to pull that off? Quote REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS????? It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying.... It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up... /Rant I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!dont buy from knowledge he will scam you. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.