How could I secure these?

I have these wooden strips I'm going to wrap with vinyl and then secure on top of vinyl. The problem is how could I secure it without any nails showing. I've tried a test piece with some GOOD adhesive and it didn't hold as good as I would have thought. If I nail it before I wrap then it would hard to get the vinyl looking perfect.

The roll on the right is the vinyl I'm going to wrap the white strip with

npyj.jpg

Then place it down the seam.

mptm.jpg

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Pre-nail them. Use trim nails, drive the nails through them, wrap them, then tap them into the box. Possibly pre drilling holes in the box a bit size smaller would ease the trim nails into the box.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Screw it from the inside/opposite side?...obviously using a screw just long enough to where it wont come thru the wood all the way

this, but I figure you would have done that if it were possible.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

The trim piece is very thin and would be easy to screw up if I went that route.

Pre-nail them. Use trim nails, drive the nails through them, wrap them, then tap them into the box. Possibly pre drilling holes in the box a bit size smaller would ease the trim nails into the box.

This could work, only thing I'd be worried about is the nail poking through the vinyl when I try to tap it down.

That's pretty much the same adhesive I tested with, just a different brand.

While typing these responses I thought of something. Maybe like using tiny double sided nails, if there is such a thing. Similar how to tack strips work when you lay carpet.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

This will work too. Pre drill very small holes to keep the wood from splitting.

Nail through your trim piece to the point where the nail is pretty much counter sunk. You could even use body filler and sand it smooth afterwards. After everything is wrapped in vinyl, wrap a towel around a piece of wood long enough to cover as much of the trim piece as possible and set it on top, and hit that piece with a hammer just hard enough to get the job done.

Is that vinyl dyed on one side? Im confused if that is a transition between two different vinyls or one piece with part of it dyed. What kind of vinyl is that? I may have some ideas.

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

Archived