SMD Folding @ Home Team

The new interface makes it a lot easier, years ago this used to be all command line stuff.

I would just go with the default options with this new client installer. The web config is pretty neat. Just FYI if you don't add a team number then you will be folding under team "Anonymous" which is fine and all but.. I just prefer to help a team out, you know?

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

It can be configured to fold on either/or/both.

does it need a lot of uploads speed? i am sure i have the dowload but my upload kinda sux

After your computer completes a work unit (WU), it's uploaded to Stanford. The size upload depends on the size WU's that your computer is assigned. You can kind of choose what size projects that you want your computer to work on based on various flags that you set.

The WU size for CPU's is related to the amount of cores that you want utilized. A completed WU for 2 threads could be less than 1MB, where as a WU assigned to an 32 core Operation server could be 300MB+.

wow that is a lot less than i was expecting right now just trying to figure out how the configuration works

If you need help setting it up, let me know.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Could someone point Steve this way? Since we do not have a team, I wouldn't mind creating one so that members of our forums could voluntarily fold for Team SMD.

Need permission from the SM in SMD first though :)

~Henry David Thoreau

I did a little bit of folding years ago on my old C2D E8500 rig with an ATI Radeon HD 4850.

I also dabbled with the SETI@Home one as well. I learned about that one in my high school Computer Science class. Apparently my teacher had all of the computers in the classroom crunching data while nobody was using them. I actually have the SETI one installed on this rig, but I don't run it all the time to help with electricity (I have mine set up to do all 4 cores, plus both GPUs). I have an interest in aliens and UFOs, which is why I dabble with it

I'm looking at the folding one again. Plus I love the screensaver mode

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Yeah the electric and heat can be killer, I ended up having to get one of those portable a/c units for the ol' man cave, central air just wasn't cutting it.

I'm gonna email a mod and have them point Steve these way to hopefully get an ok so we can get something started, I'd be happy to fold under the SMD flag, and it looks like we could get a good team going here of both previous and new folders.

~Henry David Thoreau

so, is this thing sending info to your computer, using a small amount of computing power to do calculations, and then sending the results back to their location/server?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

• 4 weeks later...

Setting it up. So we have a team I can join? Got 2 machines running it.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I did set up a team back when I made this thread, was just hoping to hear something back before putting it here, but I haven't gotten a reply to my PM's for like 3 weeks now. So, I guess it's not a big deal.

Team SMD's team number is 225306

Team Stats can be monitored on Sanford's page here:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=225306

And once we are up to about 800k points, we'll be on the EoC page to see how we rank against other teams.

This should be fun :)

Fold on brothers.

~Henry David Thoreau

Archived