Sonic Electronix

When to add a new battery?

Ok, so I am trying to cover all my basis BEFORE I upgrade my system, and I want to do it right. (Solid foundation before I build my mansion). As of now, I just have a JVC touchscreen HU, front and back JBL P963s powered by a Mmats E600.4, and a "cheap" PowerBass 12" sub enclosed with built in mono amp. <------That sub is about to go.. I have a Big 3 kit from CE auto on the way as I type. My plan is to add 2 12"s in the trunk with a new mono amp. (leaning towered a DC 2k or SQ1200.) Not decided on the subs, or enclosure yet. With these amps (or comparable), will I need to add an extra battery first? I have a 2007 Camry with stock alt, and I really don't want to upgrade into a stronger alt.. Any advise will help, and feel free to ask any questions that I may answer to figure this out.

Dave

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

you might consider replacing your primary battery as well as adding another battery if you plan to keep your stock alternator. Keep in mind that dry and wet cell batteries don't mix well and you certainly don't want a wet cell battery inside the your car. If you only plan on running 1500 or so watts there will be no real NEED to run an aftermarket alternator.

you might consider replacing your primary battery as well as adding another battery if you plan to keep your stock alternator. Keep in mind that dry and wet cell batteries don't mix well and you certainly don't want a wet cell battery inside the your car. If you only plan on running 1500 or so watts there will be no real NEED to run an aftermarket alternator.

Ok I will look into that too. Probably about time for a new battery anyway, been a few years.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

IMO I think over 1000wrms. Or when you start to dip in to the 12v

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

• 3 weeks later...

in my oppinion i always add a second battery no matter how many watts the system is. its easier to wire your amps too and its easier on your electrical. but at the minimum i would upgrade your stock batt and do the big 3

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

you said you didn't know what enclouser you where getting, did you mean your buying one online if so what where you thinking. most internet boxes online are prefab factory boxes that don't sound good and are not made to the subwoofers specifications,

on the battery, I would upgrade the battery under the hood to an AGM battery and throw a smaller agm battery in the back ( easier to wire that way ) should be set

I would just add a group 31 batt in the trunk, should be fine for that power level and probably more then needed. I was running 2 bc3500s on two group 31's in the trunk and held over 12 volts almost 13 volts without issue.

J

From experience I've found

Full systems upto 1500rms total will work off stock alt with upgraded main and if need rear batt fitted

If you don't want to upgrade alt

Stick with 1-1.2k in the sub and 3-500 on the mids/high

Big 3 and 0 to the back is where you want to start

Archived