mixing agm batts with regular car batts

ok so i see all the time in builds people run there system with a stock front battery an rear agm batteries so my question is would it be ok to run say a ever start battery up front with another larger ever start in rear an 2 agm batts also? if i have the electrical everything is well fused and all batts rest within 1 volt would this be ok if not why

Really? Bumping your own thread after 40 minutes? Have some patience

In answering your question: no you can't. Resting voltages are different. Stock battery will drain your AGMs. Ideally them to be resting +/- .05v of each other to be able to run them. No more than a .1v difference between the highest resting voltage and the lowest.

any other input ive seen people run stock batts up front to agm in the rear for over a year with no issues so my question is if i charge all up an can get voltage same on all batts will it be safe i know in the long run it will take from the length of life on the agm batts but is it safe

From my understanding of what Snow just said (a really smart guy you want to listen to when it comes to electrical), they'd need to resting really close to each other. You could try charging them all individually and then leaving them to sit for a day or two to get a real resting voltage, then if they're within .05 of each other I don't see why there'd be a problem

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

there are good discussions about this very idea already posted here. But in short, I have had just about every combination of battery types wired together in my own cars over the last 20 years and so far, and this is just my experience as a hobbyist, I have not been able to have any noticeable problems.

Now with Hydraulics, I know a great deal more about hydraulics than I do car audio, mixing batteries with different CCA's will cause issues...

What snow said is 100% correct, but in real world application the damage done is usually very small. The short answer is...yes, you can wire them together. But don't be surprised if your AGM batteries turn to shit. You have to be aware of what will happen when doing something people are advising you NOT to do.

Which on a side note is such a pet peeve. Why ask a question, get told no and explained in thorough detail why, and then want to argue because other people did it. It's obvious you're wanting to do it so why even ask this question? Someone told you not to but that's not the answer you're looking for. Why ask if you're not going to listen?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

charging batteries off the car is a big concern as charging methods differ between the two types.

I would like to see what actually goes wrong in the AGM's that were wired in with "stock" batteries. Like I said, I have done this and have seen it in countless other cars over at least 20 years and I have yet to see how a stock battery was the sole reason and quality AGM battery took a shit. I am no expert. OP asked if it could be done and I say fuck yeah it can...

Archived