mixing agm batts with regular car batts

Dude, you fucking fail. Seriously. Who the hell is butthurt? Why do little dick nobodies always say people are butthurt when giving honest responses? You got a response no and didn't want that answer...so do what you're going to do without wasting everyone's time asking a question you wouldn't listen to the answer ANYWAYS.

And if you weren't stupid enough, simply pull the panties up and reread my first post. I don't even have an actual opinion here OTHER THAN asking a question and then not listening to a damn thing said. On paper, it's obvious what would happen. And it's very rare (one instance I've seen) that an actual issue will occur. It's apparent you can't read but you have two answers in here, mine included, that said YES you can. But you have the information, and you can use that to do what you want. Someone asks about running an amp at .5 ohm and he's explained why it's a bad idea but he knows now why he shouldn't. Whether he does is up to him.

I just don't understand why ask the fucking question when you were going to do it anyways. Do it and be done with it

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i wasn't going to do it anyway if all i got was no its bad i would have let it be but i got a yes here an a few other yes answers else where so that to me says why not try it an see for myself it wasn't like it was unanimous yes or no the responses i got here an from people i know at audio shops around here was split about half yes with half no so ima try it for my self

The person who said no gave you reasons why not to, so as far as points being made that's a good one. Speaking from experience of installing and fixing setups, the voltages weren't as high as I would like agm batteries to be. Only one wouldn't hold a charge properly to reliably start the truck it was installed in. That's the only time I've seen an actual issue. I don't do it because it looks ghetto. But I build my electrical before I even buy anything else in my systems.

Point is, you have the information. I say do it. You might not see a problem with it at all. There may be 0 issues ever. But if something does get messed up, read snow's post and see if that's what happened. I doubt it would, but at least you know.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i see exactly where your coming from an i also hate it when noobs come on here an don't listen when several people say don't an if that was the case i would have listened from the get but because the mixed answer i got i wanna try it its just to hold up till i get the money to replace all batts with xs ones an even if all my batts fail i got less then 120 in all 4 the agms an the ever starts

also dont judge someone by there post count this is not my first account have had many an always seem to forget password or username i still would consider myself newer to audio but im not stupid tryin to run my 18 on 3 cubes with 4 gauge power wire to 2500 watt amp i know alot just not everything thats why i ask

also in case no one can read correctly the opinion were only 1 to 1 someone said yes another said no snow said yes an airborne said no

Who cares about opinions? Look at the facts and the data then form your own.

I used to run a flooded front battery with agms. Pulled it out and replaced it, resting voltage went from 12.9 to 13.2 and I was dropping less full tilt. This was with a brand new battery by the way. It only gets worse when they are older

my experience is that the stock lead acid will take longer to charge to max then the agm. Agm batts arnt really that expensive any more so your better off changing out that lead acid batt.

Just to clear up any potential confusion, AGMs are lead acid too. :)

my experience is that the stock lead acid will take longer to charge to max then the agm. Agm batts arnt really that expensive any more so your better off changing out that lead acid batt.

Just to clear up any potential confusion, AGMs are lead acid too. :)

Yup. Looks like some of had issues with flooded up front and AGM out back.

I never had an issue. Not one that I could blame on the "stock" sears battery or whatever up front.

Archived