Second Skin Audio

Reconing Subwoofer *Help a noob out.* Finished pics page 2

RidingTooLow

IMG_3012_zps5b899f71.jpg

Little sloppy with the goop but that is okay as I am still going to resin the entire cone. Waiting on my Pay-Pal funds to become available to order the dust cap from DC. Im just getting a regular plastic one with an orange DC logo. Should be stiff enough for this sub. Then I am going to wang the shit out of it. :P Thanks for all the help guys. Y'all rock!!

Cool!!

Make sure you get more pics/vids of this thing in action. I wanna see :D

It might or might not concern you since it's a free sub, but adding weight with resin could effect the ability of the sub to perform, even by adding a small amount of weight, it doesn't take many grams to slow a sub down. especially if it's already blown lol. But then I guess it really doesn't matter then haha :D

glad you were able to salvage it so well without having to replace anything major.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

It might or might not concern you since it's a free sub, but adding weight with resin could effect the ability of the sub to perform, even by adding a small amount of weight, it doesn't take many grams to slow a sub down. especially if it's already blown lol. But then I guess it really doesn't matter then haha :D

glad you were able to salvage it so well without having to replace anything major.

Well that's why I need some opinions lol. I have the resin ready to go. It would he a VERY light coat just enough to seal the paper. Should i resin it before or after the new dust cap? Or should I at all? Im trying something new and learning something as I go. Im only going to be $20 deep in this project. The MOJOs handle lots of power to begin with, so Im not sure if a bigger amp would compensate for the added weight? Im not to concered, i will probably pass this sub on to a fellow basshead in need of a fix for a great price later on after I verify that it will take a daily beating. And I know it will, its a MOJO. :nuts:

Archived