Dog... Seizures... He's a dope on his meds

My dog is on the older side. 11 years old. Started having seizures, vet gave him meds for it.

Issue is he's a total dope with the meds. I gave it a month and a half, seeing what sort of side effects would subside. Well.. They didn't.

He's thirsty all the time, hungry all the time, licks everything in sight (And I do mean everything. Walls, floor, couches, people, himself, etc), walks around the house "whining" day in and day out, seems to have lost bladder control, is sluggish, doesn't seem to have much in the way of depth perception, can't seem to keep his balance, and appears to have lost a fair bit of motor control. Really he's not too fun to have around any more.

So that being said, I'm questioning whether the pros of his medication (phenobarbital) actually outweigh the cons. If he has a seizure, he's generally "good to go" again withing 5-10 minutes.

My question is this: Is there anything "bad" about having a seizure? I'll put up him having 2-3 a day if there's nothing harmful about them and it means I can get my dog back

There is a good chance when you have a seizure that your breathing can stop and never start back up also your heart can stop. I have a friend that has seizures on the regular and seeing what he goes through I wouldn't wish them upon anybody or any animal.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

This is essentially what I've been dealing with. Can't decide what's worse: The meds or the condition they treat. Vet says to give the meds and won't listen to any of my complaints. Liability for them

Seems like it hits him more in the evenings. I'm "up in the air" about what to do

th_WP_20130909_004_zpsd013f966.jpg

This may sound crazy but you are in Washington state correct? Then MMJ is legal for you, get your rec card and get some CBD oil. CBD provides medicinal healing without the stoned effect. It's not exactly legal but on the short-lived doc show "Weed Country" the farmer made a high CBD concentrate batch for a mother who's 5 year old son was suffering from seizures, gave him 1 dose from the tincture a day and the kid ended up having no seizures almost immediately.

FWIW, posts from ppl whose dogs suffered like yours and were treated with CBD oil: http://www.ocmeds.org/forums/topic/update-to-my-dogs-seizure-treatment-with-cannabis-oil/

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I'd try what Baydestrain said if you can find it and get it without getting busted. Can you cut his pill in half ?? This is sad I have 3 dogs 3 cats I'm an animal lover. They all are family to me my kids for say. Pets love you when people quit loving you. Hope you can find a fix without putting him down. I'll pray for the that little man.

Like I said, assuming that's Washinton State (Not D.C.) then he can legally get a card and legally buy CBD oil. No worries.

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

This may sound crazy but you are in Washington state correct? Then MMJ is legal for you, get your rec card and get some CBD oil. CBD provides medicinal healing without the stoned effect. It's not exactly legal but on the short-lived doc show "Weed Country" the farmer made a high CBD concentrate batch for a mother who's 5 year old son was suffering from seizures, gave him 1 dose from the tincture a day and the kid ended up having no seizures almost immediately.

FWIW, posts from ppl whose dogs suffered like yours and were treated with CBD oil: http://www.ocmeds.org/forums/topic/update-to-my-dogs-seizure-treatment-with-cannabis-oil/

i was going to mention this, but he gets very ill when he smells even a little bit.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Oh yeah, same dude I completely forgot! What are the odds lol

2015 Mazda 6

Archived