soundstream15 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 I noticed today that there is a 2" crack/slit in my surround. I would of never noticed if I didn't rub my hand over it. It's not even thru the surround or even close, I just wanna be on the safe side. So is there a kind of glue to put on it? And is it better to put it on top or on the under side of the surround
Carbon Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 hmm. well Ghost put dry wall material on his and it held up fine until it caught fire. Ca glue possibly?
Kyblack76 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 i wouldnt do CA on the surround. Just gorilla tape it... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
bighossf150 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 I thought goop was the way to go for a ripped surround? Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
ChevyBoy95 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 I thought goop was the way to go for a ripped surround? ohhh, i thought it just has a spot where glue might not have been laid down properly therefore a 2in gap with no glue. YEA! DEFINITELY NOT CA OR EPOXY!!! GOOP OR GORILLA TAPE SIR!!! edit: deleted my post. it was bad info! Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
fox_racin4 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 It is Use goop it works wonders just dont glop it on tho.. 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
soundstream15 Posted September 13, 2013 Author Report Posted September 13, 2013 Can this stuff be bought at Walmart? I work till 11 and they are the only place open lol It's nothing major, I guess it looks like someone took a knife and went down 2" just enough for it to leave a crack, ya know?
fox_racin4 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 yep walmart should have itsundown SA10 or SA12? 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Kyblack76 Posted September 13, 2013 Report Posted September 13, 2013 GA zing ... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
soundstream15 Posted September 14, 2013 Author Report Posted September 14, 2013 12" It's weird how it's only on the 1 might of been a defect
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.