That's my point, you disregard ACTUAL EXPERIENCE in favor of something on paper. We know one to one, OFC is better. Not once has that been debated. But when I used CCA I experienced no drop in performance electronically or spl.

You simply cannot disregard ACTUAL events simply because on paper it couldn't be. Actually doing something is a part of science too, why are you so focused on what you read instead of what you do? I'm not saying use both, I'm saying wire properly using OFC. Then wire the exact same setup properly using CCA. What difference will you see? Ignore what you see on paper, do it and then see what actually happens.

When a result contradicts what is expected, you have to consider all aspects.

With OFC wire you had more than enough to support the current you were trying to pass through. With CCA you still had more than enough....that doesn't mean CCA is equal with OFC...in any way.

And as you want these tests to be done, i'm sure people with AD-1's will do it in the most proper way, and in a way i wouldn't be able to test them.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

There are so many factors that can affect an spl score that there is no way you could use two scores to compare one element of the system. That is not engineering, that is guessing. We are talking voice coil temp, ambient temp, barometric pressure, altitude (absolute pressure), humidity, how hot the FETs in your amp are, how hot the torids in your amp are, etc, all can affect an SPL score.

That being said the only way to determine the REAL WORLD difference between two cables would be to run an amplifier on the dyno with each kind of cable; while controlling amplifier temperature and battery voltage.

When you remove the subwoofers and the microphone from the equation you eliminate all variables besides battery voltage and amplifier temp.

Edited by TonyD'Amore

True, but you're not considering all aspects. What happened differed from what paper said, but you're still believing that somehow my results are flawed. I'm not the only one, and there are 60s vehicle using CCA. Of course then the argument is they would get louder with OFC which we don't know.

I like that someone theorized that when you reach a certain amount of runs, the conductivity is negligible.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

There are so many factors that can affect an spl score that there is no way you could use two scores to compare one element of the system. That is not engineering, that is guessing. We are talking voice coil temp, ambient temp, barometric pressure, altitude (absolute pressure), humidity, how hot the FETs in your amp are, how hot the torids in your amp are, etc, all can affect an SPL score.

That being said the only way to determine the REAL WORLD difference between two cables would be to run an amplifier on the dyno with each kind of cable; while controlling amplifier temperature and battery voltage.

You're right, but guaranteed if I swapped from OFC to CCA and did see a difference that argument might not come up. I live in Alaska and all testing was done in the shop, with wiring from alt to battery, battery to bank, and bank to amp the only changed aspect. Those are a lot of factors to consider just because I swapped wire. Those factors could be considered even if nothing was changed.

I simply measured voltage tithe bank at idle and under load full tilt and score legal. Back then I never would have assumed this debate would ever take place or that I would even participate in it or I would have done as much as possible.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

SPL scores are normally done in a very short period of time.

The majority of energy supplied to the amplifiers would come from the battery bank. So what is the run of wires from batts to amps? Alt to batts would effect charging after the SPL burp more than anything.

So then I propose a question,

How does CCA Stack up against OFC in 3 back to back Bass Boxing Runs? Or after 20 minutes of demos at almost full volume?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

True, but you're not considering all aspects. What happened differed from what paper said, but you're still believing that somehow my results are flawed. I'm not the only one, and there are 60s vehicle using CCA. Of course then the argument is they would get louder with OFC which we don't know.

I like that someone theorized that when you reach a certain amount of runs, the conductivity is negligible.

I think you're not understanding what the paper said :/.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

The majority of energy supplied to the amplifiers would come from the battery bank. So what is the run of wires from batts to amps? Alt to batts would effect charging after the SPL burp more than anything.

How does CCA Stack up against OFC in 3 back to back Bass Boxing Runs? Or after 20 minutes of demos at almost full volume?

that last sentence fucking EXACTLY. its not like CCA takes 10 seconds to start to heat up to the point of raising the resistance of the wire run because of the current flowing through it...it takes a long ass time. the more you demo, the longer those hundreds of amps are flowing through that wire. and the higher the wire temps, the more resistance the wire gains. burps are pointless as shit to compare CCA and OFC. you need long periods of current draw to see the results. not a few seconds.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

that last sentence fucking EXACTLY. its not like CCA takes 10 seconds to start to heat up to the point of raising the resistance of the wire run because of the current flowing through it...it takes a long ass time. the more you demo, the longer those hundreds of amps are flowing through that wire. and the higher the wire temps, the more resistance the wire gains. burps are pointless as shit to compare CCA and OFC. you need long periods of current draw to see the results. not a few seconds.

The resistance of both OFC and CCA increases linearly with temperature at approx the same rate with temperature. Both cables same temp increase = same percentage of resistance rise. So the CCA would continue to have the same disadvantage no matter what the temp, if both were the same temp. BUT in reality, CCA is going to lose again because Aluminum has less capacity for heat than copper. Meaning take the same size blocks of both aluminum and copper, put exactly the same amount of heat into them for exactly the same time. Now measure the temp of the two metals, the aluminum will be hotter. So in the real world the longer you play it the worse the CCA will be. This is why expensive audio amplifiers use copper heatsinks, as do computer parts.

Edited by TonyD'Amore
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

The answer is .144 watts, so a 1/4 watt 1k ohm resistor will work for the application. You would burn up a 1/8 watt. Great video Tony!!!

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db