powermax usa alts ?..

This isn't going to turn into a pissing match over manners. So just stop now.

Also the op asked for advice and was given advice from people with experience. He chose to ignore it. Might as well lock this up.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People must learn somehow, I stated what I said because I don't choose to throw my money away on garbage.

Ncochran, sorry for being so blunt, but the OP asked for opinions, fully intending on making his purchase regardless. I never understood the point of asking for advice and when it is blatantly ignored. I considered the eBay alt t some point as well, but with so much knowledge about what they REALLY put out, I'd avoid at all costs. Singer or Mechman, for example, can do much better and put out a product worth paying for.

P.S. As far as my attitude, I'm a helpful dude. You can only lead a horse to water, you can't force him to drink....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i bought the fuker...come back in a few days for results..or more like a week..ill take it to oriellys first thing...crossn fingers for atleast 200 amps..and a idle charge:)

I don't think O'reillys can test an alt properly.....unless they have a clamp meter there, I thought those places can just tell you if it's charging or not (sticking a dmm on it).

Team Flex Issues

People must learn somehow, I stated what I said because I don't choose to throw my money away on garbage.

Ncochran, sorry for being so blunt, but the OP asked for opinions, fully intending on making his purchase regardless. I never understood the point of asking for advice and when it is blatantly ignored. I considered the eBay alt t some point as well, but with so much knowledge about what they REALLY put out, I'd avoid at all costs. Singer or Mechman, for example, can do much better and put out a product worth paying for.

P.S. As far as my attitude, I'm a helpful dude. You can only lead a horse to water, you can't force him to drink....

Right on, just came off wrong I guess lol. Anyway, all good bro. I hope this thread actually stays open, I am in for results (whether they be good, or bad) lol.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Keep an eye on your voltage. That's all I'll say

Guest DC Power Kyle

Ford alternators already have a hard enough time doing any idle output. I dare you to google powerstroke 6.0 alternator failures ( http://goo.gl/MIeI0x )

I used the powerstroke example because that is what you will be doing essentially with a stereo is adding load like glow plugs would to a certain point. They DON'T work. If you called me on the phone I would tell you to use your stock alternator before buying a junk alternator and being stranded on the side of the road. This is the wrong path to go down because out of any high output alternators, the 3G, 4G and 6G alternators experience many many issues which is why ford has given up on making Motorcraft alternators and now gets them from Valeo, Mitsubishi and Denso.

Deal with your voltage drops until you save money to get something worthwhile.

Feel free to send in that alternator to us and I'll run it on our new computerized alternator tester.

They all get there parts from China. Same with Woofers and Amps parts from China.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Where are you located? If you are in the Seattle area of Washington, by chance, I'd love to get my hands on that alt and see what it can do

Archived