think your safe with an alarm?

theres been a few breakins with people havin car alarms on their cars/ trucks. one peerson reported that he got out of his car to go into a store and locked his car with his fob, and as he walked away it unlocked, so he locked it again and within a few seconds it unlocked again. so he locked it again and walked away noticing it unlocked for a third time, he noticed there was a car sittin fairly close to him with 2 people in it, so he got out of there as quickly as possible. it been heard that people have some kind of device that will pick up the frequency and informaton that gets sent to your car from your key fob allowing them to unlock your car and ravage your belongings. so by actually clicking the lock button on your door is much safer than sending a wave through the air to your car , they cannot intercept the information sent from your door handle to your locks. so heads up hopefully this would make people feel safer knowing this can happen anhywhere. me personally i have an alarm and i always lock my doors friom the actual handle, and only from the key fob when i put in in the garage or at my house where i kn ow no one is at.

damn thats crazy.....

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

Depending on alRm most hop frquencies. Its not fool proof and can certainly be done with the right tool. The alarm only stops those not so determined. I think I would have had a talk with them

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I just read an article about this, on Yahoo I believe. Crazy stuff. With all the wonders of technology, bad things come with it. Credit card scammers, computer hackers and now car alarms are in jeopardy. My alarm has been on the fritz for a while now, so I got in the habit of self locking a long time ago.. Good thing he noticed, but he could have pretended to walk into the store, got a manager/security, and watched as they tried to get in his car and caught them red handed.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

You realize thats not good enough anymore right? Atm skimming has evolved far beyond that. Now its pin pad overlays and card reader overlays. You wouldn't even know an overlay was done they look exactly like the stock ones. It recordeds your kwy strokes and tskes the electronic data for your card. Cyber theft has blown up and is as big an empire as the drug trade

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You realize thats not good enough anymore right? Atm skimming has evolved far beyond that. Now its pin pad overlays and card reader overlays. You wouldn't even know an overlay was done they look exactly like the stock ones. It recordeds your kwy strokes and tskes the electronic data for your card. Cyber theft has blown up and is as big an empire as the drug trade

Yep, there are always gonna be people that just do not want to work for a living, and would rather take from hard working people like us. I have no love for thieves.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Yep, there are always gonna be people that just do not want to work for a living, and would rather take from hard working people like us. I have no love for thieves.

that is why i am really carefull on my information nowadays consider me to be paranoid but these days its better to be that then an easy target. last year there were burgalries on my mothers street out in the middle of no where out in farm land. basically people would act as salemen and knok on your door, if somsone came to the door they would have a fake pamphelet of things they were sellig and would eventually leave, but if no one came to the door or were home the6y would break in and grabbed whatever they copuld carry. happened to like 9 homes within a few miles of each other inn a span of a week or two.

Even before this technology of stealing what is transmitted I would never feel safe with an alarm. I have had an alarm on every single vehicle I have owned, and still had 2 vehicles broken into and everything stolen out of them, 1 vehcile was so badly destroyed from them ripping everything out of it that the car was totaled out, and I have had another vehicle stolen all together. It sucks. It is a really messed up feeling getting in your car and knowing some uninvited jerk-off rumaged through your belongings and took things you worked so hard for. But here is the reality (as previouly stated) if someone wants it bad enough, they will find a way to get it. It is too bad some of these people don't put all that energy they put into commiting crimes into bettering society and getting a real job, but it is a fact of life. As technology advances, so will the way people break the law.

I guess my only take away is just be aware of your surroundings and what you can do to at least make it harder for them. If I don't have to take one of my vehicles to a part of town I have had my stuff broken into at, I don't take it. Find alternate routes home, use other means of transportation when available, etc.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

"Code Grabbers" have been in use for quite some time. Thats why most alarm manufactures use rolling codes which change everytime you press your transmitter button. However thieves will be thieves and just come up with some other way to gain entry into your vehicle. If some one wants something bad enough they are just gonna take it.

Archived