Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4 15s in an extended cab... how would you do it?


toolshed

Recommended Posts

Posted

ranger. using 3000 watts on the subs.... using some old school hyperthrows for the time being

Thought it might of been a full-size

4 15s wont fit unless its a wall, big regular box will fit I guess but it'll take up so much room you might as well wall lol

Team Flex Issues

Posted

I would wall the subs, port along the top, I'd use 3/4 MDF, screw and glue. Really easy :)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

Check out N8Ball2013's build log, oh wait, hahahaha I crack myself up. Go look in the random picture post, that's essentially his build log. Hes got the badass GMT400 bodystyle walled with 4 15" Subs. Oh, if he asks, I never said his truck was badass :peepwall:

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

ill check it out.... so, it looks like im walling these bad boy up.... I had already figured i would.... I have one sub in a 3 cube box right now, and it has great sound quality, A lot of low end also, But I just want to be as loud as possible hahaha... I am hoping for a 150, even thought that might be unrealistic... so you all think one big box, or divide them up? also, would you plan on 3 cubes per sub or do 3.5 or 4 being that it's ported.... ?

Posted

I thought the old school hyperthrows did better in smaller boxes...I want to say last setup I remember had like six with about 1.75^3 per...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

With the equipment you plan to run and a 150 being the goal, I'd say a wall is probably your only option. What is the rated power handling of these subs. I remember asking for specs of the subs in your other thread, but never got a response. Fs, Qes, xmax, Vas, and power handling(RMS) would be nice figures to know.

I've seen guys do a 50 with Couple of higher powered 15s in an under the window line box in that truck. There are members here that have done it. I believe 727Designs, a member here, did a 50 with the scenario I just mentioned.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Check out N8Ball2013's build log, oh wait, hahahaha I crack myself up. Go look in the random picture post, that's essentially his build log. Hes got the badass GMT400 bodystyle walled with 4 15" Subs. Oh, if he asks, I never said his truck was badass :peepwall:

Its not badass its not even loud

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Right... lol

I'd just wall it, two 15's on either side of the port in the middle.

Make the box out of birch and fiberglass the inside of it, paint the inside and port the same color as the truck and the outside black or white. I would probably to plexi on either side of the box to see the woofers, only problem with this is where do you mount the amps?

Box would be tuned to 32 hz as I like lows, but still want to play music well.

Equipment:

4 SQ HDC4 15's on two nendo BC5500D's.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...