'13 VW CC with McIntosh, PG, Dynaudio, Active *pic heavy

will be a nice setup with some kick ass old gear once the amp is all figured out.

Cant wait to see the rest of the build!

have you ever used a ms8 before?

I used one on an install and things are junk imo.
It took 3 different units to finally get one without a turn on pop using factory radio and the 3rd unit still had a pop, just no where as bad as the others. Even popped being tested out of the car. seems to be a HUGE problem.
It gives you an option for the remote output to have a delay on turn off the amps, but not turning them on.

You need the remote to set them up, if you lose power to it you lose all settings, to change a crossover slop, or tweak any settings on the thing you got to run the entire setup again.

All and all, these things are so dated and over priced i dont understand how people like them (unless they never used a real processor before).

I guess what I did like about it is the ability to have it setup for either jut a driver listening position, passenger listening position, or both. That was kind of cool, but eh.

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. It sounded great before all of these changes but I can't wait to hear the improvements now since this is my first active setup.

will be a nice setup with some kick ass old gear once the amp is all figured out.

Cant wait to see the rest of the build!

have you ever used a ms8 before?

I used one on an install and things are junk imo.

It took 3 different units to finally get one without a turn on pop using factory radio and the 3rd unit still had a pop, just no where as bad as the others. Even popped being tested out of the car. seems to be a HUGE problem.

It gives you an option for the remote output to have a delay on turn off the amps, but not turning them on.

You need the remote to set them up, if you lose power to it you lose all settings, to change a crossover slop, or tweak any settings on the thing you got to run the entire setup again.

All and all, these things are so dated and over priced i dont understand how people like them (unless they never used a real processor before).

I guess what I did like about it is the ability to have it setup for either jut a driver listening position, passenger listening position, or both. That was kind of cool, but eh.

Nope, never used an ms8. I got this one for a great deal (used), so I will see how it works. Not worried about the turn on pop as the McIntosh amp has a delayed turn on. The sub amp does not (that I know of) but I will see what I can do if it's an issue. If it doesn't work out then I will probably get the Mosconi 6to8 as there is a local shop that wants to put some of the Mosconi gear in my car (at dealer cost). This might mean that I need to use Mosconi amps, but I will see what they can do with just the DSP at first if needed.

This is just a commuter car, I have no plans to compete or really show this off (other than here).

On this install I started with a JL audio cleansweep that I used in a previous install. That about a piece...then I went basic with an audio control LC6i, but for some reason it's filtering out the low frequencies. I have not heard my sub play yet even though that box has been in my car for about 2 months. The PPI amp should be enough juice as it was used to run a JL 12w6v1 and it pounded (in my camaro).

In my last big install (years ago) I used a pair of Phoenix gold eq232s, one for competition (Rta scoring) and one for listening.

. I cant wait until I finish school to be an E&E !!

Here's your first lesson: It's just EE. Not E&E.

Haha I was a little confused when I read that. Never seen it called E&E but who am I to judge. Lol

Honestly, I'm not using EE knowledge, I've been tinkering with stuff since I was about 5 ( I usually just took everything apart) and I think I went into EE because of my love to tinker.

2013 Volkswagen CC R-Line

- JBL MS-8

- McIntosh MC440 6-channel amp

- Phoenix Gold ZPA0.5 (still restoring)

- Dynaudio System360 3-way components

- Phoenix gold Xmax 12" sub

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/176051-13-vw-cc-with-mcintosh-pg-dynaudio-active-pic-heavy/

. I cant wait until I finish school to be an E&E !!

Here's your first lesson: It's just EE. Not E&E.

Lol i know, just so used to referencing my mos haha but no need to be particular , you knew what I meant -.- LOL

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Lol Thats my prior job in the air force so I'm used to calling it that haha.. E&E stands for "Electrical & Enviornmental Engineering" I worked on the F-16 when I was enlisted, but its the same thing as EE in the civilian job force. I have a nack for messing with stuff too... I used to break everything in the house when I was a kid LOL I've always loved putting stuff together and troubleshooting! So since I'm no longer in the service, I'm going to school to be that EE haha!!! but keep it up, I'm looking forward to more of your work!!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I made lots of progress today but most of it was not exciting. I connected the factory deck to the ms-8, finished running the 3 sets of speaker cable into the drivers door and buttoned up that door. I also hooked up the ms8 and reinstalled the trunk panel in front of it.

c1f389ebeecda45e154a6ef958d7ee11_zps2e92

454037e91ae7bceb9b9baef89230e873_zps616d

3599775de64370e8f781bcf5fdafd981_zps7270

- JBL MS-8

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/176051-13-vw-cc-with-mcintosh-pg-dynaudio-active-pic-heavy/

Update:

I got everything in, powered on, and I am now getting the tune just right.

My inline fuse and the custom metal bracket that I made for it:

IMG_1655_zpsc3d36cb3.jpg

Here is the hidden part with all wiring done. some of it was a bear to do, but the payoff has been great:

IMG_1643_zpsb290a3a5.jpg

IMG_1644_zps8db9f23a.jpg

IMG_1641_zps6a6390cf.jpg

And here is the start of the beauty board to hide all of the wiring. It is nowhere near done, so please dont judge it too harshly:

IMG_1651_zps4ddd776e.jpg

I will post up when its all done.

- JBL MS-8

Archived