Sonic Electronix

^^^^^^^^ Then you could chose a correct overlap for compensation.

Op, you need to have the low pass all the way up. SSF(hi pass) all the way down. It will affect voltage.

You may get lucky, and find out where your deck clips at on here. There is a THREAD Kranny started just for said purpose.

Good luck.

maybe some one should start a rent a dd-1 program. Some things are not worth my money. I may use it one or two times.

Before that came out how were people setting gains?

Quick question say i have a 3000watt amp and a 1000watt sub how will i set my gain with the DD-1

If you have a 3k amp and a 1k sub you should have made a better decision when purchasing equipment.

not really and i'm not saying i have that either,just a scenario. This leaves head room for future sub upgrades with out the need to change out the amp.

Since you insist on using this example then it really simple. If you have a ton of head room, you find out clean max output. Then use a remote gain knob.

Of course, you could try to match output, but it will never work because of box rise, for your theoretical situation you have to have a brain and a nose.

Regardless, your example is not a reason to set gains by ear, it actually is more reason to properly set gains. Imagine overpowering a sub and clipping is far worse than underpowering and clipping.

maybe some one should start a rent a dd-1 program. Some things are not worth my money. I may use it one or two times.

Before that came out how were people setting gains?

Quick question say i have a 3000watt amp and a 1000watt sub how will i set my gain with the DD-1

If you have a 3k amp and a 1k sub you should have made a better decision when purchasing equipment.

not really and i'm not saying i have that either,just a scenario. This leaves head room for future sub upgrades with out the need to change out the amp.

Since you insist on using this example then it really simple. If you have a ton of head room, you find out clean max output. Then use a remote gain knob.

Of course, you could try to match output, but it will never work because of box rise, for your theoretical situation you have to have a brain and a nose.

Regardless, your example is not a reason to set gains by ear, it actually is more reason to properly set gains. Imagine overpowering a sub and clipping is far worse than underpowering and clipping.

By all means do it the correct way. just saying the op can still enjoy this hobby with out it(dd-1) and learn some things along the way.

I know for me its only a hobby and not that deep.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

Anybody in Athens Georgia have a DD-1 . Willing to tuned my amps I would be real happy if so. I have done mine by hear and I know there not set right. But I have all my gain down on amps. Love to have a dd-1. Just haven't had the money yet. If I had one I'd help people out once I got it down packed. I would do it just for the love of car audio, plus the smiles it would bring knowing your stuff is tuned right.

Didn't say i don't have the money maybe one day i'll break down and get one.

But its not like the op or others that don't use dd-1's and o-scopes can't enjoy the hobby/sport.

Maybe Steve could offer 20% discount codes or run holiday discounts in the future.

If you search the forum there are discount codes for the SMD products all over the place. I got $10 off of my DD-1

Archived