Advice on a laptop

Im looking to pick up a laptop. But I'm not sure which one to go with. Ive googled "best laptops of 2013" and theres quite a few options. Im looking for something i can maybe burn cd's and dvd's . Although i would probably be better off getting an external drive for something like that? Or using a

Flash drive? Main reason is I currently have a alpine 9885 without a ipod cord. Im without a ipod but i do have a iphone 4s for work. I just want to be able to listen to new tunes in the car without having to get a bunch of cd's and whatnot. Id like to have a "work" laptop. I will be using Microsoft word and power point, and all that good stuff. My spending limit will probably be around $500. Ive looked at the recent MacBooks and I've thought about splurging and just picking one up. Any help would be great. Im stuck in the year 2005.

Ive had a Macbook Pro for going on 5 years now. I know you said you had a $500 dollar limit, but you were thinking of splurging. I say if you can afford the Mac go for it. As long as you get parallel, or something similar to run the windows programs, then i think you would be very happy.

Dropped mine countless times (college student), spilt drinks on it, Dj'ed with it,etc. and it still works good as new. Although the screen has a few cracks from me dropping it, it still starts up fast, runs programs fast, etc. Some people dont like using Mac's but i love mine. Could easily get another 2 years or more out of it, but will probably get a new model one upon graduation.

Just my opinion, good luck with your looking.

I love my samsung chronos 7, but you wont find one for $500 unless its used or a old old model.

Id really check out Lenovo laptops, especially right now they got some pretty good deals going on!

This one is normally $569 but on sale for $399

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/z-series/z510/?sb=:000001C9:0000F7B4:

I too love my MacBook Pro.

Once you go Mac you never go back and IMO it's way way worth it.

If you're in school or know anyone in school you get a 200$ discount so the base MacBook Pro turns out to be a grand.

Or look online for used ones on ebay and the like.

Can't say enough good things.

Obviously some people will disagree and whatnot and that's cool I'm not looking to

Start a Mac/pc debate, I just wanted to share what I thought and I'm leaving it at that. If other people like pc's that's cool, I'm just way happier using a Mac.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

I CAN say with confidence though that in the 4 years I have had mine I have never once had a single problem, which is more than a LOT of people I know with pc's can say

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Thankyou for the reply guys. Im wondering if they give any military discounts. Im actually overseas at the moment. My brother could ship me a laptop if i bought one online. The ones here on my installation are kinda on the pricey side. Zero discounts that i recall as well. I will look into a mac and the one for around $400 looks like a good deal.

Archived