Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Good program for first time box builder


ThwopKing

Recommended Posts

Posted

I want to try building my own box but really have ZERO experience in doing so. I want to try a ported box to fit my jeep. Who can direct me to a good one. .. I've done some searches but found a few that obviously weren't for novices. Thanks in advance.

Vince

I don't think people on here use this because its not "accurate". I have had good luck with it and its the easiest to use. Its good for a first time builder.

http://reaudio.com/box.php

Posted

^^^ Indeed not accurate, not even a place to set driver displacement, port displacement is miscalculated also, but who knows you may still like the outcome even you you don't know the real specs.

Posted

As some have repeatedly asked. . Yes I know the requirements of the box air space. ..2-2.5cf... but I still need to fit it to my vehicle. ... get port size and etc etc... so that's why I'm looking for a program. Ill going to try Torres and see what it comes up with.

Thanks for all the help guys.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

Posted

I would use the RE calc for the cut sheets just because its the easiest to use but run your measurements through torres for tuning. I tried using the torres and it said my port cuts were too complex WTF? :deadhorse:

I was probably doing it wrong...

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

You know how to calculate volume right?

Take your internal dimensions (HxWxD) and divide by 1728. That number is your gross internal volume. You subtract woofer and bracing replacement. That gives you a starting point. Check out Digital Designs, RE, and possibly Skar and fosgafe's sites. I think they they may have something on their sites also.

Posted

I would use the RE calc for the cut sheets just because its the easiest to use but run your measurements through torres for tuning. I tried using the torres and it said my port cuts were too complex WTF? :deadhorse:

I was probably doing it wrong...

Torres does that if there is a bend in the port because there are only like a thousand way to do a bend in a port. So instead of guessing it just says to complex. But it does give you the physical port length

Edit spelling

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6054 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...