All ANL Fuses created equal?

Stay with the Name Brand higher quality in product. Lower quality has a tendency to blow quicker or not be stated amp rating. A 250 amp fuse should not cost $3.00 for example. Stay with Stinger, Rockford Fosgate, Orion, KnuKoncept for fuses.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Stay with the Name Brand higher quality in product. Lower quality has a tendency to blow quicker or not be stated amp rating. A 250 amp fuse should not cost $3.00 for example. Stay with Stinger, Rockford Fosgate, Orion, KnuKoncept for fuses.

Hey genius you already said the same exact thing on page one.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

You basically have to buy from someone who you know isn't lying about the specs. The two most important specs (as shown above) are the amperage rating and the burnout time. If these specs are what they say they are then great! They really aren't expensive to manufacture so I wouldn't automatically be suspicious just because it is cheap. In case it wasn't obvious you want burnout time to be faster. The slower the burnout time the more of that power is getting into your amp. This rating isn't how long the fuse lasts, its how long it takes to blow when amperage exceeds its rating.

Well, given that there are zero regulations in car audio, people are free to say what they want. One can label a fuse an ANL fuse and as long as it fits into an ANL fuse holder, folks will think that's exactly what it is. Funny thing is, most people consider fuses that don't blow easily better than ones that do. How ironic given that a fuse is designed to protect the accessory on the other side of it. I'd rather the fuse blow versus the accessory.

Would you buy a house that was manufactured with the deal of the day wire and the deal of the day circuit breakers? I sure wouldn't and guess what, home builders do not have that option. There are guidelines that they must adhere to or it will not pass inspection.

I guess this follows the same logic as . . . one will turn their car stereo up to its maximum level but will not turn their home stereo up to its maximum level.

Hmmmm . . .

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Well, given that there are zero regulations in car audio, people are free to say what they want. One can label a fuse an ANL fuse and as long as it fits into an ANL fuse holder, folks will think that's exactly what it is. Funny thing is, most people consider fuses that don't blow easily better than ones that do. How ironic given that a fuse is designed to protect the accessory on the other side of it. I'd rather the fuse blow versus the accessory.

Would you buy a house that was manufactured with the deal of the day wire and the deal of the day circuit breakers? I sure wouldn't and guess what, home builders do not have that option. There are guidelines that they must adhere to or it will not pass inspection.

I guess this follows the same logic as . . . one will turn their car stereo up to its maximum level but will not turn their home stereo up to its maximum level.

Hmmmm . . .

It would seem to me that if people actually thought government regulations and government building inspectors protected them, the opposite would be true.

Personally, I trust the marketplace (i.e. people who have real experience with different products, like those who post here) far more than I trust a government inspector who cannot be fired, even if he misses something on an inspection that leads to the fire deaths of a a family... and it happens more often than you'd think.

In the end, how a product is used is more important than whether or not that product has been approved by a bureaucracy. All it takes is a lazy electrician and a lazy home inspector to cause a fire with UL listed, government approved wire/devices.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought fuses didn't matter when it came to brand...

I think what everyone is getting at is this: The brand on your fuse matters for the same reason the brand on your amp matters. Both the fuse and the amp have ratings from the brand and some brands BS specs while others do not. Go with a brand well trusted/tested by the community.

basically do u want a cheap fuse like boss cheap or a sundown etc fuse lol

b8426b6f-6b19-45b2-aa60-f898a05a3587_zps

88 ranger xlt ext cab

HU. jvc bluetooth/usb deck

mids/highs. 2 earthquake 5s. 2 earthquake 6s and 2 Cadence CVLT-60 tweets

subs. 2 Addictive audio V4 12s

SAZ3000D

SAX100.2

alt. 135 amp ford mustang

batt. deka G31 1131MF

box. 4 cubes 30-34hz

rims. black 13x7 100 spokes with chrome knock offs.

tires. 155/80r13.milestar touring se

real billet grille not a bolt on.

HYDROS FINISHED!!!!! 2 pumps 4 batts

I get fucked by this old guy at work all the time. MY ASS WILL FOREVER REPRODUCE THE LOWEST AUDIBLE SUB BASS FREQUENCIES KNOWN TO MAN!

just because we think it ugly and it sounds like a bucket of smashed assholes.

Hanes. And dried jizz. It's better than fatmat

Archived