Switch vehicles? *Opinions PLEASE*

Hey guys, as I was trying to keep my 2007 Tahoe mostly stock and clean looking I am really struggling with not doing more to it. With wife and daughter I really need to keep rear seat in it etc. etc.

Anyways, I have a 1997 Silverado that I could go nuts with and am wondering if that would be a better idea so that I can do things I truly want to as far as stereo's go.

I know the rule of thumb here is "You came here to ask if you should go bigger/more?! of course everyone here will say go for it". I am not trying to make this into one of those types of things.

I don't care that I added lots of deadener and some other unremovable things to the Tahoe. I would like a MDF roof, not gonna happen in the tahoe. I would like a wall, at this point in time not gonna happen in the tahoe.

I figure I can do all those things in my old truck and it won't matter. Fully customize the door panels, wall, rattle it to shit, MDF anywhere I want etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure I will keep a little somethin somethin in the Tahoe but would really like to go a little bigger than *behind the rear seat, under the window line* that's in the Tahoe now.

Of course the SIlverado is older, won't last as long (high miles), but it can also house as many alts as the tahoe so that's a plus. Just a few things i've considered so far. Still have lots of Second Skin left over and spools of wire untouched that can go right in. Plus it's a hell of a lot easier to remove the interior and there's less of it. Put batteries in a tool box and good to go. (lol?)

Anyways, just seems like it would be a lot more simple of a install which I would like. Less room in cabin etc. etc. There are pro's and there are con's. I would like the SMD family's opinions on what they would do if they were me. Keep it to what I got now or add stereo to the Silverado.

I would use different subs than I have now, could easily have/install/fit more batteries, actually have room to add buss bars, run multiple alts, not care about rattling it to death, less worries about sealing it off, shorter runs of power wire, add MDF everywhere/anywhere I want for reinforcement, fully customize door panels, etc. etc. Still drive it all year round

Not sure if it matters but it would be a pure daily ground pounder. Keep in mind I have 4 vehicles so I don't need to buy or sell anything, would just simply be adding stereo to the Silverado. I would straight gut it, Second Skin it (already got it), run wire (already have wire), build wall (wood is cheap and local), install interior (free), Already have some equipment to play with, etc. etc. Lots of the cost is already done and the rest of the things (subs, additional amps, highs/mids, more batts) I am simply not worried about. There is no timeline. Would just like to get started If i decide to go this route before it's -20 outside, lol. The SIlverado although old now and has minor rust and 165k miles, everything does work on it and I have always taken great care of it, I am expecting it to last still a Very long time. I drive it the least of all my vehicles ATM. I think it's a doable project just not sure if it's worth it to start a whole nother project when I could already get loud in the Tahoe but with too many personal restrictions.

Please help me decide. What would YOU do??????

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Where is your minor rust? Cab corners? And bed? Pretty cheap fixes honestly. Which engine the 5.7? If so not that many miles really. The tranny on the other hand........

Is it an extended cab? Trucks get way loud and there sre enough done for you to steal ideas bounce ideas of need be. Parts are everywhere for these things too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Best desicion I ever made, to get louder, was quite while I was ahead on the TSX, and swap to a older platform.

That vehicle in question has after market up the yang. Will let you do things to it, no way you'd do in the Tahoe.

IMHO, if not that 97, something JUST LIKE that. Id do it.

Where is your minor rust? Cab corners? And bed? Pretty cheap fixes honestly. Which engine the 5.7? If so not that many miles really. The tranny on the other hand........

Is it an extended cab? Trucks get way loud and there sre enough done for you to steal ideas bounce ideas of need be. Parts are everywhere for these things too.

Rust is above wheel wells and yes, cab corners. Yes, Vortec 350 (5.7L). Definitely not too pretty of a truck but that's the point. Something I can bang the hell out of, drive all winter long in MN, and just simply not be as concerned about but mainly something I can do anything I want in Audiowise. Everything works and I've owned it a number of years so I trust it. Full synthetic in everything, aftermarket tranny cooler, electric brake controler, K&N CAI full kit are about the only aftermarket things.

Yes it's extended cab with 3rd door, Z71 push button 4WD, hell, I'll let pics. do the talking, but I like i said, ain't claiming it's anything pretty....

EDIT: thats dirt in the box not rust. =)

SAM_0381_zps862bb02f.jpg

SAM_0380_zps7d9f8e69.jpg

SAM_0383_zpsb31b9128.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

SAM_0377_zps2e6dd989.jpg

SAM_0376_zpsd725f40d.jpg

SAM_0384_zps9953d181.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

id switch its the same thing as mine minus the rust and color. The fender wheels and bed are a piece of cake to find aftermarket or replacement parts for. Swap em in. The cab corners take some cutting and welding but can be done. Get the thing pastidipped or bedlinered after that and you've got it looking much better. The backseats are a son of a whore to get out. Total pain in the ass. Especially if the bolts are rusted solid like mine were. They get loud. and are easy to work on. lots of space. I did the alarm in mine in like an hour.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Nice, thanks so much for the info guys.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

I agree with n8 the seats are a complete bitch to get out. In my friends we quite literally just plasma

Cuttered them out. Since it's an older vehicle if you mess up it won't be as bad as in the hoe. You can experiment.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Thanks everyone, I will look into all options. As for now I did get a good start on things.

EDIT: Will make a build log soon

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Hey guys, You think I should lose the running boards and run some bed liner along the side of the truck down low instead? Hope that makes sense.

Like the guy with the dark green Ford Excursion did about a month ago. It wouldn't come up that high and it would be black or matching.

Just looking for some opinions

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Archived