Second Skin Audio

Anyone heard from fi?

Nikitaaa

Parts quality, research & actual loudspeaker design is part of it....not just another pick from china parts catalog with no thought on how integrated parts mesh together.

I don't mind waiting for quality properly designed product.

& So much more than farting a number.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

I actually am running 4 FI 12's right now and one needs a re-cone. I contacted Fi a month ago about the re-cone and Nick emailed me Saturday to let me know that he is just now getting to respond to emails because they are behind on things. Now with that being said it took 3 weeks to respond to my email and he wants me to email him a picture of the sub so they can get an idea about my re-cone so that may take another 3 weeks. Then I would have to place the order which may be another 3 or 4 weeks so I will be up and running around the first of next year. Long story short I will re-cone my FI sub when they can get to it but for now I ordered Sundown Audio new subs. But my FI subs hammer no doubt!!

No System......GFY

So, you take 2 subs, one "hand build in USA" and other is assembled in china. Both hit the same score. What's the difference? besides the wait and price.

I can't say anything about Fi quality since I didn't own any of their subs. But I do own "Chinese" subs that are still working with all of the shit I did to them and won me few competitions.

Personally, I prefer good quality with fast service. So If I need a sub, I want it right away and not 2 months from today. If they are getting such a larger order volume, shouldn't they expand, hire more employees to build woofers and get a better suppliers to meet customer demand?

The sound, who cares what a sub does for 3 seconds. My number dropped 2db foing from sa10s to xfl10s.

Very rarly you see a Fi/AA sub with anything other then burnt leads. That happens when people set gains improperly, or think the sub will take more power and turn the gain up

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

So, you take 2 subs, one "hand build in USA" and other is assembled in china. Both hit the same score. What's the difference? besides the wait and price.

I can't say anything about Fi quality since I didn't own any of their subs. But I do own "Chinese" subs that are still working with all of the shit I did to them and won me few competitions.

Personally, I prefer good quality with fast service. So If I need a sub, I want it right away and not 2 months from today. If they are getting such a larger order volume, shouldn't they expand, hire more employees to build woofers and get a better suppliers to meet customer demand?

That middle part made me chuckle

Strong judgement without ever having tried the subs

Having tried both

Ill stick with my team AA's

I'd like to see a better sub for the price, or shit how about within the same price or add 500 and you would still be hard pressed....

In the 200$ category the ssd will stomp every sub around the same price and or power rating....

And this

Very rarly you see a Fi/AA sub with anything other then burnt leads. That happens when people set gains improperly, or think the sub will take more power and turn the gain up

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

The sound, who cares what a sub does for 3 seconds. My number dropped 2db foing from sa10s to xfl10s.

Ok, so now we have similar scenario, except this time, all it matters is the sound. One subs goes boom, other goes boom. One you can get 2 months from now, other by end of the week.....same sound quality, gains set properly, box built to correct specs.

I'm not referring to really cheap chinese built subs. I had those and they do really sound shitty. But other companies that are built in china, but have a much faster service.

And I'm not bashing on Fi quality in anyway. At some point in future I will try their subs out. (might as well order them now :) )

Proud owner of woofers and amplifiers made in the USA.

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Ok, so now we have similar scenario, except this time, all it matters is the sound. One subs goes boom, other goes boom. One you can get 2 months from now, other by end of the week.....same sound quality, gains set properly, box built to correct specs.

I'm not referring to really cheap chinese built subs. I had those and they do really sound shitty. But other companies that are built in china, but have a much faster service.

And I'm not bashing on Fi quality in anyway. At some point in future I will try their subs out. (might as well order them now :) )

So, how can you say the Fi/AA subs arnt worth the wait, if you havent personally used one?

Yes, that 200$ chinese sub vs a 200$ fi/aa sub will do the same thing, but its how they do the same thing.

You could have a built civic running 10s on loads of boost, or you could have a built V8 N/A running 10s... Which will last longer?

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived