Second Skin Audio

Anyone heard from fi?

Nikitaaa

So, you take 2 subs, one "hand build in USA" and other is assembled in china. Both hit the same score. What's the difference? besides the wait and price.

I can't say anything about Fi quality since I didn't own any of their subs. But I do own "Chinese" subs that are still working with all of the shit I did to them and won me few competitions.

Personally, I prefer good quality with fast service. So If I need a sub, I want it right away and not 2 months from today. If they are getting such a larger order volume, shouldn't they expand, hire more employees to build woofers and get a better suppliers to meet customer demand?

The sound, who cares what a sub does for 3 seconds. My number dropped 2db foing from sa10s to xfl10s.

Very rarly you see a Fi/AA sub with anything other then burnt leads. That happens when people set gains improperly, or think the sub will take more power and turn the gain up

Ok, so now we have similar scenario, except this time, all it matters is the sound. One subs goes boom, other goes boom. One you can get 2 months from now, other by end of the week.....same sound quality, gains set properly, box built to correct specs.

I'm not referring to really cheap chinese built subs. I had those and they do really sound shitty. But other companies that are built in china, but have a much faster service.

And I'm not bashing on Fi quality in anyway. At some point in future I will try their subs out. (might as well order them now :) )

So, how can you say the Fi/AA subs arnt worth the wait, if you havent personally used one?

Yes, that 200$ chinese sub vs a 200$ fi/aa sub will do the same thing, but its how they do the same thing.

You could have a built civic running 10s on loads of boost, or you could have a built V8 N/A running 10s... Which will last longer?

Again, I'm not referring to their quality, so I don't need to own the subs. I'm referring to a very slow CS and the way they handle it.

Just imagine how many potential customers they are loosing just because of this.

Just imagine how many potential customers they are loosing just because of this.

Not me. I've seen what those subs can do and how they sound. I'd wait 4 months just to get them if I had to. It's called patience.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Ordered my sp4 15 on september 15th, just got an email it will be here friday? So that is pretty good time. Must be different for everyone depending on the order.

Head Unit: Kenwood excelon KDC-X797

Subs: 2 Fi sp4's with PSI recones dual 1.4's in a wall.

Sub amp: 2 DC 3.5k's strapped at .7

Mids: 2 punch pro 10's 6 punch pro 8's

Tweeters: 4 Fosgate Neo's (pp4-nt)

Mids amp: Fosgate T1000-4ad

Tweeter amp: punch 400-2

Wall: 9 cubes tuned to 31.5 triple layer birch al the way around plus 2x4's

Alt: mechman 240

Wire: all sky high OFC 2/0, 4, 12

Batteries: 1 XS d3400 under the hood and 5 kinetic 2400's with toolmaker buss bars in the trunk

Extras: epic lighting LEDs sound deader for days, fiberglassed pods 150+ sealed

So, you take 2 subs, one "hand build in USA" and other is assembled in china. Both hit the same score. What's the difference? besides the wait and price.

I can't say anything about Fi quality since I didn't own any of their subs. But I do own "Chinese" subs that are still working with all of the shit I did to them and won me few competitions.

Personally, I prefer good quality with fast service. So If I need a sub, I want it right away and not 2 months from today. If they are getting such a larger order volume, shouldn't they expand, hire more employees to build woofers and get a better suppliers to meet customer demand?

The sound, who cares what a sub does for 3 seconds. My number dropped 2db foing from sa10s to xfl10s.

Very rarly you see a Fi/AA sub with anything other then burnt leads. That happens when people set gains improperly, or think the sub will take more power and turn the gain up

Ok, so now we have similar scenario, except this time, all it matters is the sound. One subs goes boom, other goes boom. One you can get 2 months from now, other by end of the week.....same sound quality, gains set properly, box built to correct specs.

I'm not referring to really cheap chinese built subs. I had those and they do really sound shitty. But other companies that are built in china, but have a much faster service.

And I'm not bashing on Fi quality in anyway. At some point in future I will try their subs out. (might as well order them now :) )

So, how can you say the Fi/AA subs arnt worth the wait, if you havent personally used one?

Yes, that 200$ chinese sub vs a 200$ fi/aa sub will do the same thing, but its how they do the same thing.

You could have a built civic running 10s on loads of boost, or you could have a built V8 N/A running 10s... Which will last longer?

Again, I'm not referring to their quality, so I don't need to own the subs. I'm referring to a very slow CS and the way they handle it.

Butttt your saying a cheap chineese sub can do the same thing, sooo how can you say that if youve neet used a Fi product?

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Since when did 15 business days become too long for everyone....

What a joke

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

I've never owned an fi sub but every time I've emailed to ask questions about their products I received a response within 24hrs.

And a 15 day wait time really isn't that bad.

In my job I deal with a lot of MUCH larger businesses that by all means would he considered more "professional" by your average standard and it is rare I deal with anyone who can even come close to a 15 day build and delivery schedule or have such quick customer responses.

Team NorthWestSPL

Well i think this topic has been beaten to death. So lets just sum it up and end once and for all. FI makes great quality subs. But the wait time and customer service is crap. Enough said!

truthsayer

I bought all my Fi subs used... and they all work great and take a beating. I reconed one that my buddy burnt the leads out on and it is back pounding again.

Another buddy bought a Fi Q brand new and he got his in 3 weeks...

I have ordered N2 recones and received them within 3 weeks...

After reading this thread, I am not disappointed in Fi.

I am disappointed in some of there customers.................

You can't teach patience.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

If I ran a company that built custom subs I would be in communication with the people who send me money! Priority for customers should be number 1. The shows comps or what ever 2nd. It's a shitty way to run a company and a good way to ruin your reputation. Work first play time later. If you have no time for your customers you don't need any. Or you should hire help to run your company in a respectable manner. Or atleast tell the people that you plan to keep there money's months on end and that you will not contact them at anytime. Then if people want you to have there money for months and wait that's cool. If you want a fast sub soundqubed is on top of there game. And give a shit about there future selling audio

Archived