Here's what is going to happen when the Government shuts down tomorrow. How will it affect you?

So of course our fabulously well-maintained and effective government has been unable to reach any compromise between each other demands, but it's most heavily centered on Obamacare, so the government will "shut down" tomorrow. That doesn't literally means that government will completely halt 100% of everything it controls or runs, that would be anarchy city. What it basically comes down to as far as why a shutdown happens is simple:

It is that the many operations of the federal government need to be funded each year in order to operate. If Congress can't agree on how to fund them, they have to close down. And, right now, Congress can't agree on how to fund them. To get a bit more specific: Each year, the House and Senate are supposed to agree on 12 appropriations bills to fund the federal agencies and set spending priorities. Congress has become pretty bad at passing these bills, so in recent years they've resorted to stopgap budgets to keep the government funded (known as "continuing resolutions"). The last stopgap passed on March 28, 2013, and ends today (monday the 30th). Congress could have passed another stopgap today, but the Democratic-controlled Senate and Republican-controlled House are divided over what that stopgap should look like. The House passed a stopgap over the weekend that delayed Obamacare for one year and repealed a tax on medical devices, but the senate rejected it today. So now we get to enjoy the fallout from their inablility to do the only job they have, which pays them lavishly. 'MURICA!

How this will basically work:

• With regard to operations that will continue, if you're on Social Security, you will keep receiving your checks, but may need to delay applying for Social Security.
  • If you're on Medicare, your doctor will still see you.
  • Everyone's mail will still be delivered, and government operations related to national security or public safety will go on.
  • Our troops will continue to serve with skill, honor and courage.
  • Air traffic controllers, prison guards, those who are with border control will remain on their posts, but their paychecks will be delayed until the government reopens.
  • NASA will shut down almost entirely, but Mission Control will remain open to support the astronauts serving on the space station.
  • Office buildings would close.
  • Paychecks would be delayed.
  • Vital services that seniors and veterans, women and children, businesses and our economy depend on would be hamstrung.
  • Business owners would see delays in raising capital, seeking infrastructure permits or rebuilding after Hurricane Sandy.
  • Veterans, who've sacrificed for their country, will find their support centers un-staffed.
  • Tourists will find every one of America's national parks and monuments, from Yosemite to the Smithsonian to the Statue of Liberty, immediately closed.
  • And of course the communities and small business that rely on these national treasures for their livelihoods will be out of customers and out of luck.

I'm really just ashamed of the government and what it has become. George Washington is turning over in his grave because of how horribly we've divided into political parties. I feel terrible for those who have served and will no face no-pay lifestyles, and small business owners could lose everything until the moronic house and senate can quit playing back yard bullshit like a bunch of 5 year olds...............

I hate second term presidents sometimes, nothing to lose, so why care, right?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

your blaming this on a second term president. SMH

What the president is going to crown his self king of the U.S.A. and start making laws up out of thin air.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

it's pretty bad situation, but for me I am veteran so ill see loss of some pay, but the government is suppose to be doing what is best for us, but loosing jobs and money is not. I don't see them willing to give up there pay, I understand Obama care has its good and its bad, but messing with our already fragile economy is not the way to stop things. The bill is already in law, Supreme court said it was constitutional, and is already funded. We do not need a shut down right now even of a small caliber. Congress don't even want it for them selves but says its good for every one that is just fishy and wrong. We all know politicians lie but they need to realize who is really being effected more of the lower class men and women.

What the president is going to crown his self king of the U.S.A. and start making laws up out of thin air.

First off, it would have been; You're***. And no I was not ONLY blaming this on a second term president, so way to really take that out of context. I blame both sides, the GOP and the Democrats, the House, the Senate, the Branches, take your pick. The list goes on.

And secondly, you can't really entertain the idea that the "SHUTDOWN OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT" would have come so easily over the division of senate and House that could have been compromised if Obama was almost halfway through his 1st term, and wanted to win another one?

And I'm confused by your second sentence? First you seem mad that I'm "blaming a second term president" but then you go on to say that the president will crown himself king and make up laws? So do you favor the president or not?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

First off, it would have been; You're***. And no I was not ONLY blaming this on a second term president, so way to really take that out of context. I blame both sides, the GOP and the Democrats, the House, the Senate, the Branches, take your pick. The list goes on.

And secondly, you can't really entertain the idea that the "SHUTDOWN OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT" would have come so easily over the division of senate and House that could have been compromised if Obama was almost halfway through his 1st term, and wanted to win another one?

And I'm confused by your second sentence? First you seem mad that I'm "blaming a second term president" but then you go on to say that the president will crown himself king and make up laws? So do you favor the president or not?

SMH

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

:gay:

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

SMH

Woah, try not to think too hard on your next reply. I don't know if I can handle all the facts and reasons you're bombarding me with...................... :glare:

I missed Alan.

the republicans are pissing in the wind with this one. They need to figure out how to get their message out without hurting the rest of us. The debt ceiling is next. Once again they will risk our way of life to pander to their crazy assed base...

Archived