Jonahscustoms Posted October 2, 2013 Report Posted October 2, 2013 Any help on this subject appreciated. Just for background I have been hanging on smd for a couple years I just don't post a lot. So here is my situation, I am 16 and for my age I am quite knowledgable in car audio. In no way am I saying I'm some master. I have been installing car stereos since I was 14. I am trying to get a job at a local audio shop and what is the best way for me to present my self and what I want to do to a shop that may not be looking to hire necessarily. I am fully prepared and expecting to not get payed at first, like an apprenticeship type deal. I just really love installing stereos so money is not the concern all though at some point it would be cool to receive pay. I have tools and knowledge but I am always looking to learn. I have wrenches of all sorts, dd-1, dremel tool, panel removal tools, etc, pretty much every tool a basic installer needs. Btw I bought all tools my self with money from installing systems. I am wondering if I should go the route of a resume or just go to the shop and verbally explaining my situation. If their are any shop owners or employs it would be really awesome to hear from you. Thanks for any help regarding the subject. Btw I have experience with fiberglass and box building, and strong understanding of electricity.
boom50cal Posted October 2, 2013 Report Posted October 2, 2013 I would say assemble your self a resume of sorts, with pictures of your installs and the process of installations. Go in, be really respectful, tell the owners straight up your situation. Then wait for their response. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Jonahscustoms Posted October 2, 2013 Author Report Posted October 2, 2013 Thanks for the tips! I am in the process of getting pictures now.
Jonahscustoms Posted October 2, 2013 Author Report Posted October 2, 2013 If any one else has input it would be appreciated!thanks!
finkster Posted October 2, 2013 Report Posted October 2, 2013 Build a resume, especially if they don't know you. Remember, this hobby seems to have a high reputation for people that don't know what they're doing or talking about. So show them instead. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
big dee Posted October 2, 2013 Report Posted October 2, 2013 Be confidant of your self when you go. Don't seem like your unsure of what your doing. Also keep an open mind and remember you need to be willing to be a team player.
Jonahscustoms Posted October 2, 2013 Author Report Posted October 2, 2013 Thanks and yeah I am all about doing things there way and I am really good with others so it shouldn't be a problem. I will go in this weekend and update you guys on how it went
g2shuck Posted October 2, 2013 Report Posted October 2, 2013 in to here how it goes 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
Tecomah Posted October 3, 2013 Report Posted October 3, 2013 One thing you have to remember is that 99.9% of the jobs that they get and will will have you do will be very small. Like alarms or wiring up a new head unit or installing a sealed ten in a prefab. But good luck I hope you get the job and like it. 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.