SQ RANT.........

Good Point........

Has anyone tried playing pink noise at high SPL? It Hurts. 135 on a flat RTA response pink noise has about the audible hearing pain of a 155 80hz and below.

I totally agree with an Orange and Apple vehicles though.

Being LOUD and CLEAR is not sq and people seem to think that if its not distored and can keep up with there bass they call it sq sound quality sorry that is not the case you are just loud and clear... that's where the rant comes in.. true sq is not verry loud at alllllll most sq cars have a Eway set up with some bass and that's it not 30 speakerrs per door to keep up with 150+dbs of bass that's loud and clear.... its damn near impossible to have bouth loud and sq in the same fcar ...... so when sokmeone says they want sq with 4 15s they have no clue what sq is and just useing the trem cause it sounds goood

I think its more like someone saying they busted there windshield with 2 keeker cvr 12's they are just talkking out there ass without understanding what they are saying or what it takes same with the guy that has 4 15s wanting sq to keep up with there bass you don't understand what your saying or what it tkes then the real sq guys come in and argue with the kid and the kid still don't get it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Don't forget it is just a rant..........my .02 thats all.

I know there are some people out there who understand where I am coming from and some who are like "Who Cares????"

WELL I CARE DAMNIT!!!!!

It would be like telling an SPL guy there is no difference between doing 140, 150 and 160.

OR

Mayonaisse and Miracle Whip taste the same.

i cant tell the difference.....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Being LOUD and CLEAR is not sq and people seem to think that if its not distored and can keep up with there bass they call it sq sound quality sorry that is not the case you are just loud and clear... that's where the rant comes in.. true sq is not verry loud at alllllll most sq cars have a Eway set up with some bass and that's it not 30 speakerrs per door to keep up with 150+dbs of bass that's loud and clear.... its damn near impossible to have bouth loud and sq in the same fcar ...... so when sokmeone says they want sq with 4 15s they have no clue what sq is and just useing the trem cause it sounds goood

I think its more like someone saying they busted there windshield with 2 keeker cvr 12's they are just talkking out there ass without understanding what they are saying or what it takes same with the guy that has 4 15s wanting sq to keep up with there bass you don't understand what your saying or what it tkes then the real sq guys come in and argue with the kid and the kid still don't get it

that is what i was getting at. Having SOME sound quality (or being loud and clear) is not the same as a competition sound quality vehicle or true SQ. It seems like you are taking the meaning of sound quality to ONLY mean true SQ like in a SQ competition vehicle. Clarity is part of sound quality by definition, therefore being loud in clear is having some sound quality.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

In most of my post, you never see me refer anything to "SQ" ... I try my best to make the point of the meaning "Sound Quality" ... or what the true meaning of the word "Audiophile" is ... Hell on the SSA forum, I got chewed out for using the word Audiophile because they think that it is a bullshit term ... People just need a better understanding of these terms (doing your homework) ...

People think that in my truck, I only play "SQ" music and nothing else ... That is FAR from the truth !!! Ask anybody that has demoed my truck ... I play any and all kinds of music, no matter what it is. My only rule: it has got to sound good at any and all volumes ... The other day, I ran the old Flashdance song through my truck with an Audio Control on it to see what happens ...

140 db cut off as usual ... with little to no distortion ...

Sound Quality and being a Audiophile technician means doing your homework, know your products and system, familiarize yourself with your install (home or vehicle) ... and know the difference between quanity and quality ...

Sound Quality is not just about stage and image ... but it is the best starting poing when you get into car audio ...

... and start out with a flat EQ to learn your sound and what actually happens when something has changed ...

Its hard to say more with less or more expensive is always better ... each install application is different with every person and every vehicle ... and I am talking about total system audio ... not just stage and image or sound pressure ...

... and for god sakes, please (like the other guys are saying here) stop asking everyone here "how is the SQ of this particular sub driver" ... Who knows cause sub driver do not play 20 htz - 20K htz to get a good answer ...

I would like to end this post by saying this ... You can not have a good sound quality system without everything in your system working together as a tean or elite unit ... NOTHING should over power the other ...

You need good dynamics, power, clarity, headroom, and a great music source ... each one of these words can be broken down to be used to make a great sounding system or Sound Quality system ... Or an origional Ground Pounder with total music that can be heard for miles ... What ever you do guys, take pride in your work !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Videos do not do justice for ANY Sound Quality vehicle ... please if possible, get in these cars and REALLY hear the difference !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I agree for the most part but the same could be argued for SPL. Unless you are building a pure SPL vehicle with no front stage then you are not spl

I agree for the most part but the same could be argued for SPL. Unless you are building a pure SPL vehicle with no front stage then you are not spl

Very true ... The TRUE SPL competitor will not waste a dime on anything musical

... atleast for his competition vehicle ...

Archived