SQ RANT.........

Videos do not do justice for ANY Sound Quality vehicle ... please if possible, get in these cars and REALLY hear the difference !!!

You are correct there, but you can hear how good that car sounds. Nothing like being in the real vehicle.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Videos do not do justice for ANY Sound Quality vehicle ... please if possible, get in these cars and REALLY hear the difference !!!
You are correct there, but you can hear how good that car sounds. Nothing like being in the real vehicle.
The point that I'm trying to make is even thought that car has the best of the best in equipment install ... the average ear (especially over video) can't really tell if that car is set up for sound quality or not ... You can not hear stage and image through a video camera ... it may sound good and clear, but that is what this thread is about ... knowing the difference between sounding good and Sound Quality ...

It takes a tuned ear to be able to tell if that vehicle has good placement, everything is in time alignment, and whether or not if the dynamics are there or not ... For all I know, that car is one of the best in the word, but would never make that judgement over a video of one or two songs ... The average judge stays in your vehicle from 15 to 30 minutes with multiple songs and sometimes multiple CDs ... They also listen for engine noises, turn on and turn off, and any other discrepencies that they can find ...

The vehicle with the less flaws, or the less points counted off ... is generally the best vehicle ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Like the 10% of the sound spectrum that SPL focusses on, it is also 10% of the car audio enthsusiasts who are true sq or spl. Majority of the people majority of the time just want a nice clear and clean system. Some prefer their highs, some their bass and some pure sonic bliss.

Respect the term "SQ" as you would resepect the term "Nigger" is all I am ranting about. One term is more offensive than the other but, each has multiple meanings and emotions so take care and don't just carelessly throw the term around.

i'm in the group that like clear and loud. Although i am constantly chasing that pot of gold that is SQ. I tweak and tweak settings and listen for a day. Then tweak them some more.

On thing i really enjoy is a nice tom or snare drum. When those hit and you feel them on your chest and it's not the subs doing all the work it is quite a fun experience. Some songs come out of no where with that kind of thing. your just minding your buisness and then "BAM" it scares the shit out of you.

SQ is about accuracy. Accurate reproduction of the material with everything balanced. I dig it. And since I do both SQ and SPL, I can tell you first hand that SQ is more difficult, but strangely enough... cheaper than SPL. Niether is ever friggin finished though. There's always a tenth to be found. There's always a little EQ tweak to be made.

I'm full SQ in the BMW, but I'm going to use the no-no word and describe the CRX as "SQL". It has what I consider a pretty damn good front stage and I can easily blend the sub with it (when I have a "daily" box in). But one snap of the bass knob and shit gets rowdy real quick like. The front stage is an afterthought once I get past a certain point on the knob. I rarely ever get past that point on a daily basis though.

I love when I get questions about getting midbass to "keep up" with a 150+ dB sub stage. Good luck with that.

I agree with you mostly but disagree completely about using the n word as an example. I think there can be a sort of middle ground because I personally love loud bass but like being able to shut it off and listen to some rock or classical music. If I had a complete spl vehicle I wouldn't be able to play a fair amount on my subs if it was for a burp style metering. I'll admit I don't know a dammed thing about true soundquality but my front stage sounds very clean and had gotten many compliments. Sorry if that reply rant made little to no sense

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

It was a extreme example comparing the two terms. And the insult is way more severe with one term than the other. Yet,it got a lot of attention and provided the shock value needed to maybe get the attention of some people.

Take care is all ask.

All I know is this- the more vehicles I hear that are more geared towards audiophile, sound quality, sq (pick your term)- the more I know I am not that.

More over, I know- deep down- that I never will be that. I try to entertain the idea- to have a proper sound quality vehicle- as great as that is, but know I never will. To be able to listen to a system and almost see the music. To close your eyes and hear the strangest nuances that seemingly have no place in an audio track, but once you've heard them, they are obviously missing when you hear the track in anything else, for the space to feel HUGE and each instrument and voice in the exact right place- oh yeah... ...but then I want to turn it up louder. I want it to be just a bit louder and then suddenly it isn't sound quality anymore. As so well stated- it may be loud and clear, but it isn't sound quality.

The way I think of it is this: if you make a cake and do everything right but leave out one thing, one part, do a step that isn't required... then you don't have a cake anymore. I could have a system that EQd flat at 155db. But there is no way the staging, phasing, and proper spatial sound will be there- because it will take too many speakers and there goes my imaging. Loud? Yes. Clear? Yes. Clean and maybe even accurate? Perhaps. Still not SQ.

And Miracle Whip is not Fucking Mayonnaise. ...and "olive oil" Mayonnaise isn't FUCKING Mayonnaise either! Only plain Real Mayonnaise is Mayonnaise. And I will fight over that shit. lol

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

+1 for the Mayonnaise.. You can't fake the real thing. It either "is", or it "is not".

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Archived