Updated today. It can be a full install, but if you are already running a genuine copy of windows, you can update via the Windows Store. Took me about 15 minutes to down the 3.5GB update and install. Time will vary depending on net speed.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this?

I just got a new Asus laptop with Win 8, not sure if I should do the 8.1 update. The tech at Best Buy was install it when I went in there.

On that note, 1TB HDD, 8GB Ram, i7-4500U, NVIDIA GT 745M with 2GB dedicated video memory, HDMI port and its touchscreen. Pretty friggin nice upgrade from my 4 year old Dell 1545

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Well I just did the 8.1 update

During the setup I couldn't connect to the internet for some reason so I had to skip that. After that I can connect but it says my connection is limited, IDK why. Speedtest shows I'm getting the full 50mbps....I also notice when in something like device manager that the text is fuzzy

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Iv had major problems with this update...

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

Oh yeah forgot to say I fixed the fuzzy issue by setting the option on Display to "Let me choose one scaling level...."

2015 Mazda 6

Sorry i haven't been posting. Things at the university have been getting crazy. I still haven't updated. If it wasn't for the under-the-hood improvements, i wouldn't even want to. I'll download tomorrow. And I've tried windows start 8 and classic start 8. Both are not worth the download for me and I've gotten use to the metro apps.

Sorry i haven't been posting. Things at the university have been getting crazy. I still haven't updated. If it wasn't for the under-the-hood improvements, i wouldn't even want to. I'll download tomorrow. And I've tried windows start 8 and classic start 8. Both are not worth the download for me and I've gotten use to the metro apps.

If you still want a classic start menu like windows 7 you can download ClassicShell from here.

I'm using it on one of my computers with Windows 8 and seems to be running fine,and it's fully customizable and free.

http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/latest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There isn't much difference besides basic controls that can be solved with a free program like Classic Shell

2015 Mazda 6

Archived