Piecing together a clean sounding system

JustinWillmon

Been trying to piece together a system, but my minds all over the place with it. So far here is what i have.

Pioner-80prs

Ipad Mini in dash streaming bluetooth.

Rockford Fosgate 360.3

Rockford Fosgate p3 shallows in the kick panels

RD T400-2 to power 8" subs in the kicks.

Now really just trying to decide on door speakers and amps. Thinking i want to do two 6.5" per door and probably 2 tweets per door. Wanting to run it all active so would need 2 4 channel amps to go with it. Been all over the place looking at speakers, thought about t3 or t5's, Morel, Focal, Beyma. Just really wanting opinions on what speakers and amps to go with. This is all going in a 73 chevy that im redoing.

The iPad will lower the quality of signal being sent especially if sending through Blue-tooth.

Your best at using a USB drive or CD's straight into the 80PRS. If you have to use wires from the iPad to the Head Unit.

As for speakers at this point just pick something in your price range and go with it. 1 set per door.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know your price range but I can tell you Hertz speakers are absolute quality. I'm running Hi energy 3 ways up front and 2 ways in the rear all powered off a Hertz HDP4 amp and the sound quality is crystal clear! In my opinion the Hi Energies are the best bang for your buck in the Hertz line up.

Good luck on whichever route you decide on!

I have to disagree with this statement. If there is a difference between Bluetooth and usb/cd it will be slight. I love the sound of Rainbow Germaniums very smooth...

The iPad will lower the quality of signal being sent especially if sending through Blue-tooth.

Your best at using a USB drive or CD's straight into the 80PRS. If you have to use wires from the iPad to the Head Unit.

As for speakers at this point just pick something in your price range and go with it. 1 set per door.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I have to disagree with this statement. If there is a difference between Bluetooth and usb/cd it will be slight. I love the sound of Rainbow Germaniums very smooth...

you havent hear the bluetooth on a razr, It's trash, i don't know about ipod blutooth but lets just say, the more SQ oriented you get the more you will notice how bad bluetooth is.

The iPhone5 Bluetooth and Parrot software in the Pioneer head units works pretty damn good for me but I don't have a 80PRS either.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

There is no comparison (Dyanmics) between wireless and hard line ... Hard line connection is ALWAYS better !!!

Way too may factors (unwanted frequiencies) that can get mixed in to wireless transmission ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

One thing to remember to is you may not even need mid bass speakers. A lot of people think the do and all they need to do is turn down the sub level till it blends with the mids.

People tend to run bass way too high in comparison to the rest of the music.

Just my $.02

Do not use bluetooth use direct wire. I tunes is a compressed format better off using CDS or install a hardrive in glovebox with songs stored in format the way they were recorded. They will use a lot of space but nothing compressed. I have a 1TB Toshiba in my glovebox. Over 500 cds on it.

Kraken knows what he is talking a out totally agree.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12