Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box too big?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just do a quick measurement of that little rectangular portion and you should get the volume then subtract subwoofer displacement for the net volume.

yeah, that.

i assumed he had the top on already with a sub in it.

No, I just have the top off and play the sub still :P But thank you guys for correcting my mistake

Posted

Just going off the cutout I would say it will be a good box for the X, REALLY like that kerf on it.

You may be on the small side but that shouldn't matter too much.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Im trying to find a box design for 2 x 12s any suggestions or information on any designs? Sexy ass kerf box btw

I would say. make a new thread in this section, Make the title something different than the other 5000 box threads. maybe like "Box design help for 2 "X brand" 12's - 10/05/13"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6425 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...