Sundown Audio

Playing at 2-ohms is over-all a much better decision. The voltage drop will be less, output signal cleaner, heat will be less, strain on your amp and alternator will be less, and much more.

As stated if running on the same ohm load the difference in 250w will be very small.

As duck stated you then gain the option to later in the future buy another 12 and wire to 1 ohm.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

OP, my goal was to try and give you good sound and safe advice not knowing your set-up. Apparently most agreed except for stealth. So you can take who's advice you wish. Mine or the kid (stealth) who chooses to argue like a 10 yr old. I may not be the top expert in the world, but i have been doing systems for 30yrs.

truthsayer

who said he doesnt have electrical? Or is this an assumption? Who said he wants to run another 12 in the future? that is irrelevant... Be like one of these fags and run it @ 2ohms. youll never get anywhere in this hobby.

And truthslayer, if you look at the thread a few have agreed with me.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

OP, my goal was to try and give you good sound and safe advice not knowing your set-up. Apparently most agreed except for stealth. So you can take who's advice you wish. Mine or the kid (stealth) who chooses to argue like a 10 yr old. I may not be the top expert in the world, but i have been doing systems for 30yrs.

PS, I've done this for a living kid.

Edited by STEALTH808

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

My SA's went through hell and back. Clipping, overpowering, box too small, box too big.

SA's can handle their shit.

My next plan is SAZ4500 or DD M4 :ninja: .......as soon as I get the electrical shit to work.

Thank you. Another person with FIRST HAND experience.

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

who said he doesnt have electrical? Or is this an assumption? Who said he wants to run another 12 in the future? that is irrelevant... Be like one of these fags and run it @ 2ohms. youll never get anywhere in this hobby.

And truthslayer, if you look at the thread a few have agreed with me.

No reason to make personal attacks. I think the op made his decision on his second post. I think this argument is moot at this point.

Stealth, son just because you have done for a living, doesn't mean you know what your doing. Your just another punk kid trying to be tough on the internet. Although i may be 47, i am definitely not your typical 47 yr old. And next time i visit Hawaii, i would be happy to to meet up with you and discuss your attitude. Yes while you may had a couple pf people agree with you, it appears more agree with me. You were the one making assumptions on the op system. Not knowing his lay out. I and several others gave him a safe solution. So maybe you should think twice before going out on a tantrum, usually the safe advice is the best advice. And when you sit there and call members fags, it sounds like you have personal issues that may need to come out of the closet.

Edited by truthsayer
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

truthsayer

Stealth, son just because you have done for a living, doesn't mean you know what your doing. Your just another punk kid trying to be tough on the internet. Although i may be 47, i am definitely not your typical 47 yr old. And next time i visit Hawaii, i would be happy to to meet up with you and discuss your attitude. Yes while you may had a couple pf people agree with you, it appears more agree with me. You were the one making assumptions on the op system. Not knowing his lay out. I and several others gave him a safe solution. So maybe you should think twice before going out on a tantrum, usually the safe advice is the best advice. And when you sit there and call members fags, it sounds like you have personal issues that may need to come out of the closet.

Well said

End thread

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.